FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Mawy_Plants
Posts:  390
Joined:  Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:23 am
#310510
Got a bunch of little projects going, but super psyched to have seen this bloom. My first flower out of many! Tag along Utric so I am not sure the exact ID.

Either way, a flowering plant is a happy plant.
Attachments:
Taken 01/30
Taken 01/30
IMG_7190.JPG (704.4 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
By Mawy_Plants
Posts:  390
Joined:  Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:23 am
#316669
Growth via grabs, gifts, and germination since my last post. It's barely been a year since I began growing these bug eaters!

Greatly enjoying the process of it all. Lost a plant or two due to brain farts, along with some dried up seedlings and failed attempts at strikes. Taking note of observations and making adjustments. Moving around certain plants to locations with more desirable conditions and minimal need of attention now with the weather getting even warmer!

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to my love of these plants in one way or another. You guys are the best! :D

I'll get around to updating my grow list one of these days... Though there's lots of room being occupied, they're mostly little things.

Enjoy looking!
Mary
Attachments:
Propagation station! Drosera seedlings/ leaf/ root cuttings and Dionaea seed
Propagation station! Drosera seedlings/ leaf/ root cuttings and Dionaea seed
IMG_1654.JPG (2.67 MiB) Viewed 1353 times
Nepenthes and Sphagnum bin in the SE portion of the backyard
Nepenthes and Sphagnum bin in the SE portion of the backyard
IMG_1655.JPG (2.53 MiB) Viewed 1353 times
Moss cultures, Nepenthes cuttings, a few more Drosera, Sarr seedlings, and an Utric
Moss cultures, Nepenthes cuttings, a few more Drosera, Sarr seedlings, and an Utric
IMG_1647.JPG (2.83 MiB) Viewed 1353 times
Drosera galore and little Dionaea!
Drosera galore and little Dionaea!
IMG_1645.JPG (3.18 MiB) Viewed 1353 times
Dionaea, Sarracenia, Cephalotus, and a Drosera Binata
Dionaea, Sarracenia, Cephalotus, and a Drosera Binata
IMG_1648.JPG (3.04 MiB) Viewed 1353 times
Mawy_Plants liked this
By FlyTrap Hunter
Posts:  761
Joined:  Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:05 am
#316675
Mawy_Plants wrote:Growth via grabs, gifts, and germination since my last post. It's barely been a year since I began growing these bug eaters!

Greatly enjoying the process of it all. Lost a plant or two due to brain farts, along with some dried up seedlings and failed attempts at strikes. Taking note of observations and making adjustments. Moving around certain plants to locations with more desirable conditions and minimal need of attention now with the weather getting even warmer!

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to my love of these plants in one way or another. You guys are the best! :D

I'll get around to updating my grow list one of these days... Though there's lots of room being occupied, they're mostly little things.

Enjoy looking!
Mary
What type of d. Capensis is blooming?
Your ever expanding Collection has left me speechless

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By Mawy_Plants
Posts:  390
Joined:  Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:23 am
#316676
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:What type of d. Capensis is blooming?
Your ever expanding Collection has left me speechless

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
Hey FTH, thanks!! You have added a good bunch to my collection so big ups to you for you've helped expand it!

As for the D. capensis, I would say it's a red typical? That one pic I sent you some weeks back was the winter color. I wouldn't have guessed it was a red when I received it! I'm going to harvest the seed and see what I get.
By FlyTrap Hunter
Posts:  761
Joined:  Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:05 am
#316694
Mawy_Plants wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:What type of d. Capensis is blooming?
Your ever expanding Collection has left me speechless

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
Hey FTH, thanks!! You have added a good bunch to my collection so big ups to you for you've helped expand it!

As for the D. capensis, I would say it's a red typical? That one pic I sent you some weeks back was the winter color. I wouldn't have guessed it was a red when I received it! I'm going to harvest the seed and see what I get.
Cool. You will have a billion capensis seeds. What is the beautiful red pitcher plant? I am hoping to get a Purpura or hopefully some seeds soon.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By Mawy_Plants
Posts:  390
Joined:  Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:23 am
#317361
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:Cool. You will have a billion capensis seeds. What is the beautiful red pitcher plant? I am hoping to get a Purpura or hopefully some seeds soon.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
Haha. Let's hope the pods actually have seeds in them!

As for the Sarr, just typicals I rescued from Home Depot last September. A few have said one is likely a purpurea hybrid. I updated my thread of em with a couple pics.
post303601.html#p303601

I have S. purpurea in cold strat that I'll be able to take out in two weeks! Excited to get those going, though I've read they are one of the slowest Sarracenia so it may be a while. :lol:
By FlyTrap Hunter
Posts:  761
Joined:  Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:05 am
#317393
Mawy_Plants wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:Cool. You will have a billion capensis seeds. What is the beautiful red pitcher plant? I am hoping to get a Purpura or hopefully some seeds soon.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
Haha. Let's hope the pods actually have seeds in them!

As for the Sarr, just typicals I rescued from Home Depot last September. A few have said one is likely a purpurea hybrid. I updated my thread of em with a couple pics.
post303601.html#p303601

I have S. purpurea in cold strat that I'll be able to take out in two weeks! Excited to get those going, though I've read they are one of the slowest Sarracenia so it may be a while. Image
Mawy you can send me a baby ImageImageImage

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk

Mailing another, chef.

N. Sanguinea

Can your Sanguinea handle direct sunlight? I want […]

How to feed him?

By photos uploaded by that BCP clone it has hair t[…]

N. adnata Growing

I would expect N. adnata to do just fine in lowlan[…]

I’ve read other posts where the use of cocon[…]

New Hybrid

That is an awesome cross. Just curious, can you c[…]

Recently got a macro lens for my phone and caught […]

Mystery Seed Giveaway A. Panman B. Supercazzola D.[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!