FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By ps3isawesome
I have all types of carnivorous plants and I disproportionally catch more flies, wasps, and moths. I wish I had more diversity in my backyard but that's the downside of living in a metropolitan area.

I never realized how many moths there are until I started growing CPs. It's incredible.
By nimbulan
I find a lot of flies, wasps, and moths in my Sarracenia while my S. rosea is full of fruit flies right now. Indoor plants rarely catch anything but the occasional fly or cranefly, though this summer a few ant drones got in and quickly got caught by various Drosera.
By cjpflaumer
I would say the highest percentage is definitely flies. That's for flytraps and sarracenia at least. Outdoor drosera have little gnats and occasionally a fly. Also some wasps, bees (sucks I wish you could save them) and moths as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
By Grey
Maiden wrote:colds
I was very tempted to reply with this as well! :lol:

My plants mostly catch fungus gnats, though not anywhere near the numbers that they used to when my bedroom was filled with phasmids, molluscs, and beetles. I'm quite grateful to no longer have gnats flying up my nose in the morning but I haven't had as many flowers from my plants since the decrease.
By xr280xr
My sarrs definitely catch mostly moths. The rest kind of depend on the time of year. In late winter my VFTs and drosera catch tons of crane flies and, unfortunately, lace wings. The rest of the year probably mostly spiders with some ants and occasional flies.

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!