FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Dewy the Sundew
Hi! I have a U.gibba. I recently have a problem with mosquito larvae in the saucers of my other cps. So i cut a few strands of the Ultricularia and place them in the saucer. Will this work? Will it harm the CPs? Will the ultricularia grow? Thanks! :mrgreen:
By tommyr
Buy a package of "Mosquito dunks" at the garden center. Put one quarter of one in your watering can or put a small piece in the water tray. This will kill the larvae in the soil/water and stop future generations. It is all natural and safe. Use sticky traps and manually kill the adults.
By nimbulan
U. gibba can help control mosquitoes, but only if it is present BEFORE the mosquitoes lay eggs in the water. As has been pointed out, the traps are quite small and will only be able to catch the young larvae before they grow larger. I noticed a group of newly-hatched larvae in my U. gibba tray the other day and could only find one when I checked just now.
By Dewy the Sundew
Yeah. So far it is working, i saw a mosquito larva get caught by the u.gibba. Its awesome :D

Sent from my LG-H650 using Tapatalk
My grow list

Very nice. Very similar to what I have but I have […]

Back in late April, on a whim, I bought 20 inexpen[…]

hello again, so this is a project i started a few[…]

VFT for sarrs, anyone??

Berrybob, Good, let's stay in touch concerning Kin[…]

Growing Tuberous Drosera

Sorry for the late reply, You can germinate on med[…]

Couldn't help myself

My Walmart doesn't have an indoor nursery area, it[…]

Is Cape(red) x sessifolia possible?

A little while ago there was a thread on crossin[…]

Heat wave up the west coast of the U.S.

Oh wow! My Cobra died. One of them, the one I gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!