FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By heathenpriest
Mufasa wrote:After running 1l of water through that 90ppm pot, it's back down to 40ppm...
Have you ever checked the water coming out of your other soils? It would be interesting to see how they compare with the same water going in.
By hollyhock
I did peat/perlite ...and coir/perlite the same ratio....same lighting and water, etc. for 6 months and the plant in the coir just didn't seem to grow as large. I used those .60¢ flytraps and they were both the same size, from the same place.. Like I said it is an okay medium...The brick of rinsed coir I had leftover I mixed with peat to make my own special blend.... It's all good. And only you will know if your plants are liking it or not. :D

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/let-s ... 26355.html
hollyhock liked this
By Mufasa
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:In my opinion, thought coir is more substationally harvested, it's just to much work to clean it, but I found that'll sarracenia like peat better and nepenthes like coir.
Seller i bought my first nepenthes from suggested coir peat + coco chunks combo, and he grows thousands of plants.
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!