Jds197 wrote:I'm currently trying to build a highland terrarium, so I spend alot of time watching the humidity and temperature. I also have alot of flytrap and drosera seedlings that I feed.
I too am building an enclosure. I would love to compare notes with you Jds197.
I'm currently spending 10+ hours a day doing something pertaining to my plants or their Dungeon
I have several projects going at the moment:
1. Primary grow area expansion.
2. Seedling/germination chamber.
3. Additional lower level chamber. Not sure yet if I'm gonna go "Ultra Highland" or dormancy on this one yet.
4. Completely automated cooling system for nighttime temp drops.
5. Moonlight experiment.
6. Little CRAPPIE aquarium I found at a yard sale for 3$
7. Completely automated water level and humidity monitoring and control system.
8. Central control unit that I can access via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth so I can monitor and control watering, temperature, humidity and photoperiod remotely once I return to work and may have to be gone for a week+ at a time. :/
9. Research. Research. Research. Some reading. More research.
So yeah, 10 hours a day MINIMUM.. I've pulled several all-nighters when making any internal modifications as I wait until "lights out" to remove them so as not to disturb their photoperiod. I try to avoid any movement at all, but sometimes it simply cannot be avoided.
At the risk of laughter, and against my better judgement, here's the most recent picture. Just remember, it's a work in progress if there ever was one. Also, it's built on a disability budget, so it's mostly scavenged bits from what would otherwise be junk or trash. Believe it or not, this was a regular old coffee table just a little over two months ago. 7/14/15 marked it's slow transformation into this FrankenStrocity [yes, I just made that up] I call the Dungeon
"The author of this post may or may not
be shuffling to automated pharmacy ...hello? Hello? ... I forgot my wallet."
"If you don't ask the question, you don't have to listen to the answer you didn't want to hear..."
-Charles Steven Coleman Jr. RIP
"If you had one more eye you'd be a Cyclops, which explains missing the premise."