FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By KissMegan
Posts:  660
Joined:  Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:07 am
#233722
Forgot to update this. Essentially I've finished. The only issue I've run into is the 2 extra fans I bought don't have the right wires so I'm waiting on replacements! Then I'll install the fans and it'll be good to go :)
Everything is still in bags because i need to acclimate the plants to the humidity still :)
Image
uploadfromtaptalk1434762930380.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1434762930380.jpg (314.39 KiB) Viewed 1789 times
KissMegan liked this
By earlgrey
Posts:  161
Joined:  Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:34 am
#239574
Any updates? I'm curious about the temps and humidity. I've done something similar!
User avatar
By roarke
Location: 
Posts:  2375
Joined:  Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:11 am
#239585
KissMegan wrote:Forgot to update this. Essentially I've finished. The only issue I've run into is the 2 extra fans I bought don't have the right wires so I'm waiting on replacements! Then I'll install the fans and it'll be good to go :)
Everything is still in bags because i need to acclimate the plants to the humidity still :)
I never thought making a box would be so much work!
I tought you were saying "so much fun". A half selfie is not a selfie. Could you post the full photo ? :P
By Earthy
Posts:  1292
Joined:  Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:58 pm
#240511
kinda off-topic...sorry!! but you have beautiful hair...what do you use? lol...I'm not creepy; just curious when others have such pretty hair :P
By jadewuvchicken
Posts:  117
Joined:  Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:03 pm
#240528
It looks great! It reminds me of a sort of secret lab in a basement for an evil scientist and I totally dig that vibe :D
By KissMegan
Posts:  660
Joined:  Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:07 am
#240529
Earthy wrote:kinda off-topic...sorry!! but you have beautiful hair...what do you use? lol...I'm not creepy; just curious when others have such pretty hair Image
LOL not creepy!
Horse shampoo and biotin Image
By KissMegan
Posts:  660
Joined:  Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:07 am
#240530
jadewuvchicken wrote:It looks great! It reminds me of a sort of secret lab in a basement for an evil scientist and I totally dig that vibe :D
Thanks haha. I made some more adjustments to them. Put in an extra computer fan and a peltier cooler into the highland chamber. It totally does feel like a secret lab though haha
By Earthy
Posts:  1292
Joined:  Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:58 pm
#240544
KissMegan wrote:
Earthy wrote:kinda off-topic...sorry!! but you have beautiful hair...what do you use? lol...I'm not creepy; just curious when others have such pretty hair Image
LOL not creepy!
Horse shampoo and biotin Image
Mane n' Tale by chance? I actually have 2 bottles of that in the basement lol :D
By Earthy
Posts:  1292
Joined:  Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:58 pm
#240546
KissMegan wrote:Yea it's the mane tail and body "promotes hair growth" something like that haha
Love that stuff!! Oops I got us off-topic with girly talk LOL :lol:
By earlgrey
Posts:  161
Joined:  Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:34 am
#240703
You said peltier cooler? Can you show us? I'm very curious to see how yours turned out!
By KissMegan
Posts:  660
Joined:  Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:07 am
#240991
earlgrey wrote:You said peltier cooler? Can you show us? I'm very curious to see how yours turned out!
It didn't work. I only found out recently that all it does is produce a ton of condensation and doesn't cool anything. Big bummer now I have 4 holes in the wall of my grow chamber.
I'm just gonna do it old school style and throw a block of ice in there for cooling. Ice block did a 10+ degree drop last night for me which was cool
Looking for Sun Pitcher :)

I'm also looking to buy one of these, if anyone el[…]

Sarracenia filling with rainwater

Something like that probably happens in their natu[…]

Thanks for the advice! I’ll try submerging[…]

What is this?

Hi all, Just picked these up from the garden cen[…]

Some Utricularia

Same here. I got my plug three months ago, set […]

Hello from Houston Texas

Welcome to the Forums! Welcome back! Man all of t[…]

Why are my traps so small?

Liyuan, I know this post is from 8 years ago b[…]

Apparently the post office was up to their same in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!