FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By bannister
Hi all,

So I have these bugs that keep showing up in some pots. If I'm not vigilant with my bug sprays and neem oil, they seem to come back after a period of no shows.
It wasn't until recently that I realized I could easily pick them up and feed them to my Pinguiculas (turning lemons into lemonade, you know). If I shake or vibrate a small pot, they will all show up and move around the pot edge, which is where I can easily pick them up.

There are currently a lot in my rabbit hair fern pot, and this other watermelon vine-ish house plant, and some in my big Venus Fly Trap pot. There aren't any in pots that have live sphagnum (at least not a lot, if any), mostly in peat-based mixes. I just want to get rid of them, but I have to make sure I know what they are so I can treat it appropriately. I *think* they're spider mites, but not sure. Help!

Here is a photo:
By entropy81
If you want to ID them you need to get a picture that's zoomed way more in so you can actually see a close up of what they look like.

Probably gnats.
By Maiden
I never saw that kind of brownish insects. Over the years i was very lucky, i only had a couple aphids attacks, nothing else.

Hope your plants will be fine, but as i can see, they seem to like these lil bugs already, they look beautifull. Free food :)
Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!