FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By SundewWolf
A while ago I found out that Sarracenia purpurea grow wild at a bog about an hour away from my house. I finally made the trip this weekend. I was hoping mabye some wild sundews (intermedia or rotundifolia) would be there, but unfortunately I didn't see any and the visitors center said there likely weren't any growing there.

The purpurea were nice though. This was my first time seeing CPs in the wild. They looked very green and had very long leaves. I'm wondering if this develops because they grow in clusters, or from the shade of the Larch trees over them.

Here's pics:
Attachments:
DSCN2862.JPG
DSCN2862.JPG (812.16 KiB) Viewed 969 times
DSCN2858.JPG
DSCN2858.JPG (581.95 KiB) Viewed 969 times
DSCN2859.JPG
DSCN2859.JPG (701.22 KiB) Viewed 969 times
DSCN2866.JPG
DSCN2866.JPG (1.33 MiB) Viewed 969 times
DSCN2867.JPG
DSCN2867.JPG (863.99 KiB) Viewed 969 times
DSCN2868.JPG
DSCN2868.JPG (635.47 KiB) Viewed 969 times
DSCN2864.JPG
DSCN2864.JPG (923.81 KiB) Viewed 969 times
SundewWolf, SundewWolf liked this
By SundewWolf
Dionae wrote:Nice pics! Must be awesome having wild purps so close. They look light starved to me but at least theyre thriving.
Yeah I thought they could use more sun, but then I felt sort of weird criticizing plants growing in their natural habitat lol.
These were right by the trail and I saw a few more clumps a little off the trail into the bog. I would have walked around to try and find more but I would have been wading in water varying from ankle deep, to water up to my waist lol.

btw, the "trail" was just a mile long floating pathway. It swayed and bounced a bit while walking. It was interesting to see how the sphagnum moss built up and formed a floating habitat.
SundewWolf liked this
Greetings from USA

I don’t know what’s worse. You dad get[…]

How cold does it get in your part of Oklahoma? And[…]

Hello from Manila, Philipppines

thank you! hahah i've been having this swings from[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Not if you can break it up into a size appropriate[…]

Cape Sundew Death???

[/img]I am using deionized water (for batteries[…]

Thank you ChefDean for the offer! I’m still[…]

Species guessing game

"Gigantea"?

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!