FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By HarrisAz
Sand is quite a cool thing to substitute perlite as an airierer since that its smaller and it wont float back up when mixed and watered.

And some sand can be used safely for your CPs but some needs some washing and sand washing is tiring to me atleast.

heres an easy way to wash sand.

What You Need:
1.Styrofoam Cup or styro bowl packet or so..
2.toothpick/needle
3.Sand!!
4.Water of course!!

First ,
fill desire amount of sand in the cup
Next,
Make small holes around the cup.

Lastly,
Fill the cup filled sand with water and water drains out.Do it repeatly until you think the sand is clean and ...clean of course!

If u have lots of sand to wash with only such small cup,go get many more cups and fill them with sand,poke holes and water!!!

Thats all i guess :)

Bye :)
Harris
HarrisAz, HarrisAz, HarrisAz liked this
By David F
When I have a lot of peat that is liquified, this is what I do, I take a foam cup (like that,) make a large hole in the bottom, and then I put a paper towel over that hole, and whatever in my mix is floating around, I can just scoop up and it will become peat instead of weird black water + it doesn't float since it drains.

This is also the most effective way I have found to drain COIR, since it drains so well, you can just run the tap on and it will go right through I do it for a couple of minutes, then I can soak it in distilled water, only once even, then squeez and what not.

Good way to get silica sand clean! I made the mistake of puting silica and perlite in my mixes BEFORE I had rinsed the peat, it makes more time to squeez things, and it makes them harder to squeeze :(
Couldn't help myself

Nice! I may have to check out my local Walmart now[…]

Crosses can take between distantly related species[…]

yes it's possible I am overthinking it and becom[…]

Apollyon's Grow List

I've had great luck germinating and cloning with a[…]

Will this interminable waiting never end?

Are you doing anything special to get your plants[…]

Hello from Houston Texas

@hackerberry , thanks so much for checking in on […]

Therapy.

:lol: I love that film! haven't seen it in years. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!