FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Joshuamarshall792
My sundew caught a fly that was annoying the sh** out of me last night by landing on my leg non effing stop and the fly got interested in the sundew so it got pissed once it got glued so that was not a happy fly, the sundew won't really curl around it yet though.... And the stupid fly can't get off its back still lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
By twitcher
Always a joy when that happens (hands-free removal of pest). I only have a single southern window in the house. I keep a big box flytrap in that window because any flies that sneak in work their way to that window due to the sunlight in afternoons and evenings. The flies don't last long. My only flytrap earns it keep!
By ChefDean
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:50 pm Nice! I always wanted a sarracennia

You're up in Canada, correct?
By ChefDean
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:20 pm No america, Texas!

Dang! I don't know why I was thinking Canada.
If you want Sarrs, you're eligible to request Sarr seeds from the seed bank. You would just likely have to stratify them in the fridge.
By optimus prime
I have 2 Judith hindles, a Oreo(that the nick name of the plant) and I just ordered some more on carnivorousplantnursery.com. You should check it out they have great plants for pretty good prices you can get a Medium sized Sarracenia For $17.99. I’ll send pictures when my other ones get here
By Joshuamarshall792
optimus prime wrote:So cool I’m in Texas too.
It's hot! isn't it! I think it is like a arid desert but I figured out where I am is subtropical!

By Joshuamarshall792
optimus prime wrote:I have 2 Judith hindles, a Oreo(that the nick name of the plant) and I just ordered some more on carnivorousplantnursery.com. You should check it out they have great plants for pretty good prices you can get a Medium sized Sarracenia For $17.99. I’ll send pictures when my other ones get here
Uhhhh I bought from there before they always send me DEAD plants which I get mad about, but I found that petflytrap.com was wayyyyy better they have better information and customer service! They even have a phone number I can call unlike carnivorousplantnursery.com ......

By optimus prime
The plants I received are in shock but they bounce back in a week. And yes it is really hot I have to refill my saucers twice a day😂😂😂
By Joshuamarshall792
The owner is a couple the woman I talked to owns the business, she was potting up plants at the time, but her name is Stephanie, she helped me with my first sundew that completely died, so she replaced it with a bigger one with SEEDS! DROSERA CAPENSIS SEEDS!!! I was extremely happy, all you have to do is be sweet to her and she'll send you a whole new plant! Of course I had to pay 7 dollars shipping but that helped her out! The plant came in extremely healthy with over 1 billion drosera capensis seeds! She asked me before she sent the plant if she can throw in a little extra and I said: YES! DEFINITELY! She also will include smaller baby sundews around the main plant! The plants are not in shock however because they are already potted.... So give her a try, her and her husband own the business! So I actually got healthier sundews and plants from her than I've gotten from carnivorousplantnursery.com and + the people at CP nursery have hardly any contact info

On a side note, how long did it take for your Burm[…]

To me it looks like you may have at least three va[…]

Therapy.

Dang! I don't usually get that kind of distance wi[…]

Apollyon's Grow List

Thanks, Apollyon. I really appreciate your kindn[…]

I will definitely look for neem concentrate online[…]

Some Utricularia

These are lovely!

FOR SALE: Drosera x 'Marston's Dragon'

My favorite Binatas by far..

Howdy everyone! I love this forum but it’s d[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!