FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By ok7770
This question is primarily regarding my Drosera x Marston Dragon, but I've noticed this behavior with my other two sundews as well. The new leaves have been growing out beautifully, very healthy and dewy. But within a month, the tentacles tend to curl up and the leaf produces significantly less mucilage. The leaf itself sticks around for about 2-3 months before really drying up and dying down. It really depends on the plant's mood I suppose... some leaves seem to last longer than others.

I have my sundews growing on a plant stand outside on my deck. Each has its own little saucer for watering. The Marston Dragon is on a part of the stand which gets direct sunlight from the morning until the late afternoon (would you consider that "full sun"?). It catches a decent amount of flies/gnats and grows prolifically. I live in Southern California - generally high temperatures during the day and a nice cooldown at night.

So is this normal behavior or should the leaves be lasting much longer than they have been?
Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!