FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I received some B. Liniflora seeds about three months ago, sowed them about the end April/beginning of May, they sprouted in around three weeks, and the biggest seedling is already flowering. You can see a second flower stalk coming up as well.
I know Liniflora generally gets 12 to 18 inches tall, but this guy is only about two inches tall. Is this normal? Or is this particular plant judt a more robust specimen
20200715_083100.jpg
20200715_083100.jpg (3.99 MiB) Viewed 1620 times
By DragonsEye
ChefDean wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:31 pm I received some B. Liniflora seeds about three months ago, sowed them about the end April/beginning of May, they sprouted in around three weeks, and the biggest seedling is already flowering. You can see a second flower stalk coming up as well.
I know Liniflora generally gets 12 to 18 inches tall, but this guy is only about two inches tall. Is this normal? Or is this particular plant judt a more robust specimen
20200715_083100.jpg
Glad the seeds sprouted well for ya. 12-18" tall? Never had any get close to that size. Mine generally max out at around 6" or so. As far as flowering young, that is indeed pretty normal. Being annuals, there is no point for them hold off blooming any longer than they absolutely must.

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!