Page 1 of 1

Drosera Magnifica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:51 am
by FutureFlytrapV2
Out of curiosity, what is the current status of Drosera magnifica? I heard that the people involved put out a rumor that the seeds wouldn't germinate so people would stop asking questions. Just wondering :3

Re: Drosera Magnifica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:08 am
by Leathal_Traps
It's definitely in cultivation, a lot of people already have it growing both in and out of vitro

Re: Drosera Magnifica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:12 am
by FutureFlytrapV2
Leathal_Traps wrote:It's definitely in cultivation, a lot of people already have it growing both in and out of vitro

Interesting.

Re: Drosera Magnifica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:16 am
by nimbulan
A lot of experienced growers have it, and at least 2 nurseries. I'd be surprised if it doesn't show up for sale sometime this year.

Re: Drosera Magnifica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:58 am
by FutureFlytrapV2
nimbulan wrote:A lot of experienced growers have it, and at least 2 nurseries. I'd be surprised if it doesn't show up for sale sometime this year.

Do people just keep it a secret then? I didn't hear anything about this and I've been following this since 2015.

Re: Drosera Magnifica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:04 am
by KategoricalKarnivore
I know a couple of people that have it. Like nimbulan said, it should be available soon. Patience grasshopper. :ugeek:

Re: Drosera Magnifica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:06 am
by FutureFlytrapV2
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:I know a couple of people that have it. Like nimbulan said, it should be available soon. Patience grasshopper. :ugeek:

I don't intend on growing it, but it seems like it was deliberately kept quiet.

Re: Drosera Magnifica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:11 am
by KategoricalKarnivore
Not really. I’ve seen a few posts on Facebook of growers showing them off. You just have to know where to look.

Re: Drosera Magnifica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:29 am
by FutureFlytrapV2
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Not really. I’ve seen a few posts on Facebook of growers showing them off. You just have to know where to look.

Well, a quick facebook search shows me you're right. There are a bunch of pictures of it in tissue culture. As a daily dose of 'lol', I also saw a post by someone who bought "drosera magnifica" seeds from a guy on ebay, and he posted a picture of the seedlings on facebook only to find out they were only tokaiensis :3