FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Ddean702
Hello!

I am a Vegas resident born and raised and I am hoping to get involved in the joys of growing carnivorous plants! I realize this may be quite the journey in the extremes of Las Vegas' weather but I'm always up for a challenge!

Thank you for having me and I look forward to learning all I can and sharing my experiences with all of you!

Hakuna matata
By optimus prime
Welcome to the forum. I feel your pain about the weather I’m in Texas! If you are looking for some good plants to grow in your environment I would recommend Sarracenia or cobra lilies. Cobra lilies are actually native to California which is not to far from you. Sarracenias are found all over America. You could also grow some Venus fly traps and some drosera.
By Joshuamarshall792
optimus prime wrote:Welcome to the forum. I feel your pain about the weather I’m in Texas! If you are looking for some good plants to grow in your environment I would recommend Sarracenia or cobra lilies. Cobra lilies are actually native to California which is not to far from you. Sarracenias are found all over America. You could also grow some Venus fly traps and some drosera.
I'm in Texas too Optimus! Image I wish I can grow my stuff outside but it is too damn hot

snap em up!!!

By optimus prime
Same I grow mine outdoors but I have to refill the saucers every day. I live in Boerne which is next to San antonio

Order received. Your order number is 0128. I'll PM[…]

Nepenthes seeds

Well, I'm certainly no expert at growing them fr[…]

Pest Identification and Control

Can anyone help me ID these very small crawling in[…]

Fly trap dormancy is NOT necessary

Time to end this pissing contest. For credentials[…]

Howdy

The trap looks like it has indigestion. They tu[…]

According to the Slang Dictionary: Yeet is an exc[…]

I forgot to add the pictures. https://uploads.tapa[…]

GJ Bloody Nurse

What’s this I see? ;)

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!