FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By PlatinumPlantMan
Ordered & received some VFT seeds about 3 weeks ago. The germination rate was an unbelievable success, couldn't be more pleased!! Will definitely order again.
PlatinumPlantMan liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
Is there a natural time that vft seeds become available, say in the northern hemisphere. From what I have read, 2016 vft seeds are viable as soon as the seeds have formed and for some time if stored properly. So if someone received seeds from the fts in May, those were 2016 seeds?. So the seeds that are available now, are they from 2017 vft flowers?
By cjpflaumer
I would say for most June is when. This fluctuates based on how cold or warm, and the daylight hours. Changes when they wake from dormancy essentially being the factor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
By Matt
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:So if someone received seeds from the fts in May, those were 2016 seeds?
Seeds have sold out every year that FlytrapStore has existed, so I don't think we've ever gotten to May with seeds in stock. But yes, in theory, if we were to sell seeds in May, they would be from the harvest the previous July.
Fly Trap Hunter wrote: So the seeds that are available now, are they from 2017 vft flowers?
Yes, seeds offered after July 15th or so each year are freshly harvested.
By Fly Trap Hunter
Matt. I misread the date. Looks like PlatinumMan got his seeds in February. So this years' seeds are available after July 15th until gone. That makes sense. I thought they had to go through a Winter like normal seeds. Thanks for the info
Fly Trap Hunter liked this

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!