FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By sterwick
I have now put my VFT in the garage throughout the winter. It has divided- ooowww! :x It looks like im going to hav e to wait.

sTEVO.
By bterrill
Good post, saved me one of my first questions 8-) I am getting some black ones also but most are green still and I even had 3 bugs in 2 diff traps so I was wondering what was happening.
By Adam
Most of my VFTs were left out one night when the temperature dropped below freezing. The water in the catch trays was solid ice. The VFTs didn't lose their green leaves. It depends on how long they are frozen for and how much below freezing it gets. I rescued them in the middle of the night after seeing that the forecast was wrong :x
By dbravo90
U NEEDED TO CUT OFF DEAD TRAPS
if dead traps are left and not trimmed fungus can reach the bulb and cause the entire plant to die trimming is a must especially with a plant like yours traps die off naturally
By Dooter
FaithM wrote:whoa these pics r cool! im glad i took the time to research venus flytraps or i would've thrown them out!
I know! I think back to when I had my first VFT, way back when, and it did this, and I assumed it was dead and pitched it. :shock:

Too bad it was before the days of the internet, then I would have known better!
By jchaps20
wow..there are a LOT of traps on those plants! Is that just one rhizome in those pots or are there several plants in there? I read somewhere that most vfts (of course as an average) have around 3-7 traps per plant, but geez..there must be 30 in ur first pot/pic up there!!!
By jchaps20
I know! Ive had three plants that turned black..but then again I dont think I was giving mine distilled water OR enough light, either..but I didn't have internet..so they were doomed to die anyways, I suppose. My poor previous vfts. :(
By rumbleweed
Rcvd my red dragon in mail today USPS took 7 days to get it here Priority mail. Medium was pretty dry and plant looked bad. Any Ideas to help it make it through?
By Matt
rumbleweed wrote:Rcvd my red dragon in mail today USPS took 7 days to get it here Priority mail. Medium was pretty dry and plant looked bad. Any Ideas to help it make it through?
If your plant is still has green leaves, just do the normal things (light, clean water, etc.) and it should be fine. Unless the soil was bone dry, the lack of water will almost certainly not hurt it.
By funkeecheekeemunkee
my vfts r green 2 but look really different,one has massive long stems and the other has small fat leaves, could they be different types? i thought they would be asleep by now as weather in scotland sucks, could it be cos they inside??

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!