FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Stevie007
Just had a look at one of these on ebay, so can someone tell me what the difference between this and a standard VFT ?
By Stevie007
Thanks, evenwind, 43 views and 1 response, this place is a wealth of knowledge,
Maybe I should just message Matt if ever I have a question, C'mon guys help out now and then with the knowledge you have gained over the time with your own plants.
By SEWinans
Unfortunately I do not grow this cultivar so I can't share any personal experience with it.

Bimbo
image.jpg
image.jpg (700.74 KiB) Viewed 3492 times
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (783.83 KiB) Viewed 3492 times
SEWinans liked this
By Stevie007
SEWinans wrote:Unfortunately I do not grow this cultivar so I can't share any personal experience with it.

Bimbo
image.jpg
I appreciate the response.
By Eric
Stevie007 wrote:Thanks, evenwind, 43 views and 1 response, this place is a wealth of knowledge,
Maybe I should just message Matt if ever I have a question, C'mon guys help out now and then with the knowledge you have gained over the time with your own plants.
Ok wow, going to have to call you out on this. Nothing against you personally, you've just caught me in an exceptionally bad mood.

Not everyone will have the exact response you're looking for. The name "Bimbo" is new to even me and I've been here since 2008. Please remember that all those 43 views may be from outsiders not registered on this forum.

Now before you bombard Matt with your questions, there's this magical place called "Google", where you can access a wealth of information that dwarfs and even assimilates the knowledge that members here have gained over time. In fact, let me do that for you: http://bfy.tw/1E4a

Wow! On the first page, the search yields the (admittedly poor and unhelpful): ICPS description, the cpphotofinder page, the very same cpuk topic that evenwind posted, and more related cpuk topics.

Now I will admit that on quite a number of those links the photos are no longer visible. However, after reading through the thread(s) itself,particularly evenwind's link, I can assume from the members' criticisms/comments that it is a fairly typical looking plant and from the OP's comment that it is a fairly large growing plant capable of rivaling 'B52' (5 cm = 2 in). Not difficult at all.
themoreyouknow.jpg
themoreyouknow.jpg (42.47 KiB) Viewed 3479 times
/endrant

----Addendum---- (But wait, there's more!)

Using the forum's own search function, you can find yourself gems such as the following:
luxiloid wrote:
Below is Bimbo which is known to grow fast up to 4.5cm and become very red inside the trap.
The attachment Bimbo_20120826_123933.jpg is no longer available
Matt wrote:
I don't grow any of those, but from what I remember:
1) Adentate looks like an upright Coquillage.
2) Weinrot is an all red flytrap
3) WB3 is in the book but I don't recall
4) Bimbo is a very large trapped flytrap
5) Phalanx has very long marginal spines (teeth)
Eric, Eric, Eric and 3 others liked this
By Ishaha
Eric wrote:
Stevie007 wrote:Thanks, evenwind, 43 views and 1 response, this place is a wealth of knowledge,
Ok wow, going to have to call you out on this. Nothing against you personally, you've just caught me in an exceptionally bad mood.

Not everyone will have the exact response you're looking for. The name "Bimbo" is new to even me and I've been here since 2008. Please remember that all those 43 views may be from outsiders not registered on this forum.

Now before you bombard Matt with your questions, there's this magical place called "Google", where you can access a wealth of information that dwarfs and even assimilates the knowledge that members here have gained over time. In fact, let me do that for you: http://bfy.tw/1E4a

Wow! On the first page, the search yields the (admittedly poor and unhelpful): ICPS description, the cpphotofinder page, the very same cpuk topic that evenwind posted, and more related cpuk topics.

Now I will admit that on quite a number of those links the photos are no longer visible. However, after reading through the thread(s) itself,particularly evenwind's link, I can assume from the members' criticisms/comments that it is a fairly typical looking plant and from the OP's comment that it is a fairly large growing plant capable of rivaling 'B52' (5 cm = 2 in). Not difficult at all.
themoreyouknow.jpg
/endrant

----Addendum---- (But wait, there's more!)

Using the forum's own search function, you can find yourself gems such as the following:
luxiloid wrote:
Below is Bimbo which is known to grow fast up to 4.5cm and become very red inside the trap.
Bimbo_20120826_123933.jpg
Matt wrote:
I don't grow any of those, but from what I remember:
1) Adentate looks like an upright Coquillage.
2) Weinrot is an all red flytrap
3) WB3 is in the book but I don't recall
4) Bimbo is a very large trapped flytrap
5) Phalanx has very long marginal spines (teeth)
Lol
By Morpheus
For the sake of not clogging up this post I won't quote Eric but I do agree with what he is saying. I know I'm going to sound rude for saying what I'm about to say, but I really can't bite my tongue any longer.

For one Stevie007, your comment at the beginning of this thread was very unwarranted. I get that you may be frustrated because you're having trouble finding information on a topic but that's no excuse to start getting snappy and for lack of a better word, bratty. However as Eric has taken the time to explain, your question could've been answered, for the most part, by a forum search or a web search. Don't get an attitude when your thread doesn't get many responses because you didn't feel like searching for the information yourself.

Which leads me to the next little point of my rant. I see too many people posting threads like this one, which could've easily been answered with a simple forum search or Internet search. I'm all for asking questions if you're confused or need help, but here lately it seems like no one tries to find answers to their questions before posting.

Now maybe I'm just incredibly stubborn, but whenever I have a question, I search google or the forum, or other forums to see if I can find something satisfactory. If not I then make a thread where I post the information I found and my question.

I honestly have no qualms with people asking questions. That's how knowledge is shared! But if you aren't going to show me that you want to put forth effort to find answers yourself, I'm not going to help you. Too many people forget the simple ability of self help. I see it everywhere and I'm guilty of it myself sometimes. However, that doesn't make it right. If everyone simply asked questions without trying to figure out an answer their self, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Rant over.
Morpheus, Morpheus, Morpheus and 1 others liked this
By Intensity001
whelp there ya have it folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By boggyboy72
I had never heard of a "Bimbo" VFT before today,but here's some knowledge I've gained.

From the sig line of Jds,

"It's easy to grow Carnivorous plants if you don't stress them by unwanted excessive care". :)

Be careful what sand you use in your CP media.

Even if everything above ground is dead,just keep treating it like everything is fine and it might come back.

If your plants have the right amount of sun ,all you need to do is water them.They'll take care of the rest.
boggyboy72 liked this
By Stevie007
I would like to apologise to everyone about my bit of a rant the other night, I was well out of order posting what I did.
My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!