FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By sab
Pardon me in advance. What I am about to say might turn you angry , but my apologies again.
Do you think Venus fly traps are a bad omen for home, or for that matter any carnivorous plant.

The reason I say this is from my personal experience. I bought my VFT in july last year. Within 2 weeks of having my new VFT, a bad verbal spat broke out of our family with our cousins, and our cousin threatened to sue us .
Ever since then, quarrels and bad fights in our house are common.

I didn't realize a couple of sundews were also growing in the vft pot. I think the seeds must have accidentally fallen. Now I have around 6 small sundews and the fights in our family are getting worse.

I know this might not make any sense to you . But I was reading on "Feng shi" and the indian "vastu shastra" and they say vft , CP or even cactus for that matter are bad for peace in family because they give negative vibes.

Have you ever faced quarrels and unrest in house because of VFTs ??
By Cross
No, I put my faith in something much higher than those. I think the cause of your fights are something else. That blame needs to be placed on the people.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Cross, Cross liked this
By javaliz59
Absolutely not. Interesting concept but no. Issues are with the people, not plants. CPs don't give off negative vibes. Here's what they do however: they eat bugs...a good thing, they force me to spend time caring for them away from electronics, they give me a sense of accomplishment when they grow, and they're beautiful.

You're right about the Sundews though. I have baby sundews in all my plants.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By mcgrumpers
No issues from my experience. I hate flies and my VFT has been doing a great job taking then out. Not to mention they're fascinating.
By SundewWolf
Carnivorous plants are an extremely bad omen. Family argue and scream at me all the time now: “why did you drop $500 for Sarracenia? Why aren’t you paying your student loans instead?! Your credit score is garbage! You need to buy a greenhouse now for this huge collection? Are you out of your mind? Heated winter shelters? You want to drive to South Carolina to record videos? With what money? How many more of these growlights do you need to buy? You need a cooling system for Heliamphora???”
SundewWolf, SundewWolf, SundewWolf and 2 others liked this
By Cross
SundewWolf wrote:Carnivorous plants are an extremely bad omen. Family argue and scream at me all the time now: “why did you drop $500 for Sarracenia? Why aren’t you paying your student loans instead?! Your credit score is garbage! You need to buy a greenhouse now for this huge collection? Are you out of your mind? Heated winter shelters? You want to drive to South Carolina to record videos? With what money? How many more of these growlights do you need to buy? You need a cooling system for Heliamphora???”
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage you win today

By javaliz59
SundewWolf wrote:Carnivorous plants are an extremely bad omen. Family argue and scream at me all the time now: “why did you drop $500 for Sarracenia? Why aren’t you paying your student loans instead?! Your credit score is garbage! You need to buy a greenhouse now for this huge collection? Are you out of your mind? Heated winter shelters? You want to drive to South Carolina to record videos? With what money? How many more of these growlights do you need to buy? You need a cooling system for Heliamphora???”
You're hilarious! ImageImage Made me laugh.
Lastnight I decided to re-pot my mini bog gardens. Only problem was that it was starting to rain. So I dragged all my crap into my kitchen along with my Sarracenias and proceeded to mix up my CP peat moss perlite and pot up new planters on my kitchen floor. My grown son walked in and just rolled his eyes. Told him when I was done no one would know I was there. There was a small mess but I cleaned up. I think my family is used to it but since I'm the wage earner, they don't say anything other than I'm obsessed (true statement). I think there's worse obsessions to have. ImageImage

By Cross
javaliz59 wrote:
You're hilarious! ImageImage Made me laugh.
Lastnight I decided to re-pot my mini bog gardens. Only problem was that it was starting to rain. So I dragged all my crap into my kitchen along with my Sarracenias and proceeded to mix up my CP peat moss perlite and pot up new planters on my kitchen floor. My grown son walked in and just rolled his eyes. Told him when I was done no one would know I was there. There was a small mess but I cleaned up. I think my family is used to it but since I'm the wage earner, they don't say anything other than I'm obsessed (true statement). I think there's worse obsessions to have. ImageImage

Yeah, could be yarn. This, but you don't see the other four or five cabinets worth. Sometimes average 15.00 to 50.00. ..it's called sable. Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy.... yeah.... definitely worse obsessions lol. Image

By oval
That's where a lot of my potting/repotting etc. is done - kitchen floor, counters, table.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!