FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Lunavian
Hi im Avi! Im new to this forum because i need some help or advice.
I was in florida for 10 days and so i couldnt water taako and i just got back and he is wilting. I took off the dark leaves and gave him water bc he was all dry. But im not sure what to do now. I use distilled water for him and hes in that moss soil that i cant remember the name of. If anyone has any advice please help!! :cry: :cry:
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.38 MiB) Viewed 1149 times
By SydBear
I think if it's still green, I would keep watering it over the next few days. I wouldn't over soak it, but don't let it dry out. hopefully it will perk back up, or some new traps will grow in their place :) good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
SydBear liked this
By Cross
I second that. Good light and good water. He should be okay. Even if all the leaves died, as long as the rhizome is whitish, it'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Cross liked this
By RhysKi
This happened to some of mine, as well, and they can wilt from any drastic changes from one extreme to another (ie. too much water then not enough or vice versa). They just really love consistency and habit.

What type of light do you keep them under, or are they usually outdoors and had to be taken inside while you were gone? Same thing can apply to temperature and light, as well, in regards to drastic changes causing some wilting.

As long as new traps begin forming when the old ones die off and the rhizome looks healthy as Cross mentioned, they will most likely spring back!

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!