FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By rspkers
IMG_20191030_191837.jpg
IMG_20191030_191837.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 3081 times
I've had these two Sandersonii for a while now and the "blue" just won't flower for some reason. The regular sandersonii flowering on the left, which looks rather pathetic (it's recovering from being burned) has no issue shooting up tons of flowers despite having so little foliage. However, the "blue" on the right, which is as healthy and beautiful as can possibly be, with such a dense amount of leaves has not once flowered. Is there a trick to the "blue" versions? Am I wasting my time? :? I live in Northern Texas, but I keep them under grow lights in an environment where it's never above 80, and never below 65.

Also, is all the moss in the regular sandersonii pot a problem? Will the utric eventually smother it out or does it prevent it from spreading? When I received the plant it had moss growing in it, while the "blue" was clean.
By DeadlyCarnivore
When I got my Sandersonnii "blue" the original pot never flowered for me. I was able to take a root cutting(if that's even what you want to call them) and get it started in another pot and that one flowered for me like crazy after quickly filling up the pot.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By twitcher
MY blue flowered like crazy all summer long and is still blooming, just not as much. I keep the water level generally about 1/2" below the surface, but it does drop below that occasionally. I water until I can see water at the surface of the soil, then do it again a few days later.

Your current pots don't let the water level get that high. You might try dividing the blue into a pot with no drainage so that you can get the water higher. Then compare the two pots to see if it makes a difference in the blooming.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!