FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By tarepanda
I've been using only aquafina bottled water for my venus fly trap since the bottle says its a reverse osmosis water. Lately I haven't been so sure in using it because I have never checked it with a TDS meter nor do i have one yet. so has anyone previously tested aquafina with a TDS or (if by chance you have a bottle of aquafina lying around) be kindly willing to do so? it will be greatly appreciated!
By 95slvrZ28
I know Aquafina is actually one of the few bottled drinking waters on the market that doesn't have "minerals added to taste." I used to have a coworker that also worked at some water store and he claimed that Aquafina was the most pure bottled drinking water available in a large commercial sense (second only to the water he sold of course). He had some fancy numbers and such to go along with it. Nonetheless, I can't test a bottle with a TDS meter, but it's RO water that doesn't have additives, so it's probably fine. That said, if you're purchasing Aquafina water from the store, look for bigger gallons of distilled water in the same aisle. You can buy a 20oz bottle of Aquafina for $1.20 or you can buy an entire gallon of distilled water for $0.69. I know which one I'd go for...
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!