FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By markbarabus
I've had this in my collection for a while but have never known for sure what it is.
I figure its something a long the lines of a Sarracenia x Catesbaei [Flava x Purpurea] but i need to be certain.
Its definately got some flava and purpurea in there, plus its pretty hardy to the winter here so has to be some form of catesbaei.
By markbarabus
Looking at catesbaei page http://cpphotofinder.com/sarracenia-x-c ... i-781.html it looks exactly like the photos below- my photography skills are just rubbish :). So its definately a catesbaei but the photos arent named so i'm still not sure what its crossed with? I'm 99% sure its Sarracenia Catsebaei [flava x purpurea] but i'm wondering if theres something else in there. Its the very first carnivorous plant i acquired so over the years i've accumulated quite a lot of the stuff through divisions, cuttings etc and i really could do with off loading some of it now.

By Goodkoalie
You can for sure call it a s. X catesbai. There is no way to no for certain. You can make guesses or even call it a S. Purpurea hybrid, but it could be a really complex hybrids. I my self can see some Leuco influence the pics on the second post. The flowers look very Leuco like and the hood is wavy like a Leuco. Also just because a plant is hardy through winter does not make a form of catesbai because anything crosses with a cold hardy purp would be hardy to winter. Sadly there is no way to no for certain
Goodkoalie liked this
By markbarabus
Goodkoalie wrote:You can for sure call it a s. X catesbai. There is no way to no for certain. You can make guesses or even call it a S. Purpurea hybrid, but it could be a really complex hybrids. I my self can see some Leuco influence the pics on the second post. The flowers look very Leuco like and the hood is wavy like a Leuco. Also just because a plant is hardy through winter does not make a form of catesbai because anything crosses with a cold hardy purp would be hardy to winter. Sadly there is no way to no for certain
Hmmm i have always wondered if it had Leuco in there as the flowers are very pink looking. The hoods arent generally wavy though i do get some pop up like the 3rd photo in the 2nd post the majority are more like the 1st photo (2nd post). I just wish there was some way of knowing for sure as i have a greenhouse full of the stuff, no kidding! I guess i will just have to go with unknown hybrid or s. X catesbaei.
Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!