FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Fishkeeper
Does anyone know of an under-sink RO unit that doesn't have to be installed? By that I mean something that I can just pour the water into, instead of having to attach it to the main water line. That, or one you can just fit onto the end of the faucet. I can't meddle with the faucets in a dorm room.
By KategoricalKarnivore
That’s not possible for an RO unit. The water has to be pressurized going into the filters of the unit for it to work. You can get a ZeroWater pitcher that has a built in filter. They work very well at getting water cleaned to a level acceptable for CPs.
By m80torpedo3
I use the Aquatic Life RO Buddie it comes with a faucet connection or you can just hook it up to the hose like I do. they sell them at aquarium stores and on amazon. filters aren't as cheap as the under sink models but it beats buying by the gallon at the store.
m80torpedo3 liked this
By SundewWolf
m80torpedo3 wrote:I use the Aquatic Life RO Buddie it comes with a faucet connection or you can just hook it up to the hose like I do. they sell them at aquarium stores and on amazon. filters aren't as cheap as the under sink models but it beats buying by the gallon at the store.
How often do you have to swap the filter cartridges on that unit?
By -twillyranger-
SundewWolf wrote:
m80torpedo3 wrote:I use the Aquatic Life RO Buddie it comes with a faucet connection or you can just hook it up to the hose like I do. they sell them at aquarium stores and on amazon. filters aren't as cheap as the under sink models but it beats buying by the gallon at the store.
How often do you have to swap the filter cartridges on that unit?

I have the same system and I’ve yet to change the filter. But I’ve only had it for about 6 months. The sediment and the carbon cartridges are rated for 1500 gallons, not sure about the membrane though.
By m80torpedo3
same as twillyranger only had it since early summer. I got the 4 stage version with the ion filter since the house I was renting had a water softener and no bypass connection. So it had mostly salt in the water and it pretty much destroyed the ion filter in a few months.
By Hungry Plants
I have the Aquatic Life RO Buddie. I've had it about a year now and my TDS is around 8. Its 200 give or take out of the tap. I have not changed it yet. Although it would depend on how much water you make at a time. I make about 10 gallons a week in the winter and 15-20 in the summer depending on rainfall.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!