FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By thegirlnextdoor42
i just chased after a tiny moth in my house, so i put it in my container and put a lid over it. i tapped the moth a little, and it was flying all over the place until it landed inside one of my traps. then right when it closed, it flew out! now its still in there! ugh it's like a waste of a trap closing.

p.s, is it okay for the traps to eat a really small moth? b/c i looked at it and i was thinking "well, if it does get eaten, it wouldnt have anything to offer to the plant" b/c its so small that it's only like a pair of wings! haha
By Matt
Hah, that's pretty funny. It happens quite frequently that traps will miss their prey. It's no big deal, but it is annoying to watch if you're trying to feed your plant.

Yeah, you can feed them moths. Like you say, there isn't much in the way of substance to a tiny moth, but there is still some valuable nutrition there for your plant.
By thegirlnextdoor42
lol thanks! i have school tomorrow and it's 11:00, so i went down stairs to put the dishes down, and i saw it on the cabinet and i was like "oooh yes!!" so i spent 10 min trying to get it. I just hope it doesnt happen again to the other ones over night.
By lemonlily
sometimes, i try to get a fly but not to mush it. the problem is... it's hard to. i would love to see it struggle to my traps... i'm not an animal killer! but it would be cool if i saw it once!

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Browning Sarracenia and Aphids

Just wanted to update that with a new light and di[…]

Perlite from Ebay

how does this stuff look? https://www.fertilefibre[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!