FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By miklos210
Hello fellow growers,

I was wondering what kind of trays you guys use for growing CPs. I personally use Permanest trays.Heres a link. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LV ... UTF8&psc=1) Unfortunately they no longer sell them on amazon and I did a profound google search and was able to snag 50 of them. I use to use those plastic clear saucers they sell at HD and Lowes when I first started growing but the water would heat up drastically during the day here in the Texas heat. I ended up with these about 2 years ago and got the white color. The water has never heated up like those plastic clear ones in these trays. Has anyone ever had that problem? How about those standard black trays that nurseries use. Since they are black I would assume the water would heat up in those as well.
By Mufasa
frankly, i use whatever i can get my hands on, preferrably white or clear
i have a couple of cheap plastic saucers under my VFT's, i have disposable plates (very good, cheap saucers if you find some deep enough), and i use a few good old thick saucers that attach to pots
some of my pots are trayles, essentially buckets, with holes drilled slightly above the bottom to allow drainage, and a small resevoir

if you are talking about like, to hold pots together, you can phone a local landscaper, and see if they have some tree tubes + holders lying around
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!