FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post your experience here, good or bad, to help others in future transactions

Moderator: Matt

By hungrycarnivores
Carnies sent me some two neps for 4 TC tubes: one with H. Minor Selection A, and 3 with Drosophyllum . Neps I got were great.
By Panman
Carnies wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:47 pm I traded my cobra, sarracenia leucophylla, and a large s. "Judith Hindle". He sent me two sundews, a humongous sarracenia flava that is now flowering, and some seeds. I am so pleased with this trade! Thanks Panman!
Carnies was great to trade with. The rhizomes were gorgeous and the Cobra was in tremendous shape.
By Apollyon
I wanted to post a compliment to my trade with Carnies. Carnies was an awesome trader. Very understanding to my situation at the time of the trade and with the delay. Pulled divisions to get me the plant I was interested in (I thought that was very cool) and very good about updates. The plants were very nice and well thought out with packaging (which I thought was very clever). Used tray cells to protect the plants through a padded envelope in a way I have to give props to. I was quite surprised when I opened the envelope(So don't let that deter you, he knows what he's doing). Great work! I'd definitely trade with Carnies again in the future.
By StaatS+17+
I've had great trade/purchase experiences with several of you including Apollyon and Nepenthes0260. Just recently did a trade with Carnies. He sent me Cephs and they look awesome! They were packaged well! Thank you Carnies!!!
By Supercazzola
Carnies is super awesome. We traded gemmae and his arrived flattened. I assumed it was due to the fact they were in a plain envelope, and that USPS had machine stamped them. Some were black but some were still green. So I sowed them.
When I told him, he apologized and quickly sent out some baby Sarracenias to me. This was all before my gemmae arrived to him. A few weeks later, some of the gemmae he sent actually sprouted even though they were flat as a CD. He explained to me that allantostigma gemmae are naturally flat. I felt like a dunce.

To make things even worse for him, USPS took 21 days to deliver the gemmae I sent to him, and they didn’t arrive so well, despite being shipped in a moist paper towel and in a test tube in a padded envelope. I offered to send him more gemmae or pay him, he was just kind enough to gift me the Sarracenia.

Moral of the story, he is a kind and great person!
By hungrycarnivores
Supercazzola wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:50 pm Carnies is super awesome. We traded gemmae and his arrived flattened. I assumed it was due to the fact they were in a plain envelope, and that USPS had machine stamped them. Some were black but some were still green. So I sowed them.
When I told him, he apologized and quickly sent out some baby Sarracenias to me. This was all before my gemmae arrived to him. A few weeks later, some of the gemmae he sent actually sprouted even though they were flat as a CD. He explained to me that allantostigma gemmae are naturally flat. I felt like a dunce.

To make things even worse for him, USPS took 21 days to deliver the gemmae I sent to him, and they didn’t arrive so well, despite being shipped in a moist paper towel and in a test tube in a padded envelope. I offered to send him more gemmae or pay him, he was just kind enough to gift me the Sarracenia.

Moral of the story, he is a kind and great person!
Uh-Oh. Allantostigma gemmae are not flat. Or not really that flat. Those paper thin gemmae, with a sharp looking tip belong to Nitidula. Somehow, the lineages got contaminated; I've received Nitidulas as Allantostigmas from 3 different sellers, all identified by expert growers as Nitidula. They are nonetheless a wonderful species, large flowers, and prolific gemmae. They like to grow wet, much like Allantostigma. For now, I have mine labeled as "D. aff Alantostigma" or D. aff. nitidula. Still though, carnies is a good guy. My Spat x MVG finally pitchered!
By elaineo
Don't let Carnies' fool you with his age, this guy is a pro!

Opening a package from Carnies feels like unboxing a new Macbook, the packing is so elaborate and clever. I traded some akai ryus for a baby wally, and the plant arrived in perfect shape in a little plastic box. Carnies also threw in some sarr seedlings as a bonus. And also some capensis seeds as a doubleplus bonus :)

A++++, would definitely trade with again.
Savethetrees4life liked this
By Panman
He did it again. The Wally and Sawtooth he sent are beautiful. What really got me is that the 'leaf pullings were closer to rhizome divisions and some even had roots attached! And everything was perfectly packaged despite the post office's attempt to mangle the envelope. Thank you for the trade!
By Lain
Bought some cuttings from Carnies figured I have some space indoors that haven't been occupied by plants yet. My order was confusing but he handled it like a pro and even gave me a heads up when it arrived.

Everything was packed wonderfully and labeled properly. USPS seems to have manhandled the envelope a bit (when do they not?) but contents were nice and secure. Thanks Carnies! I look forward to purchasing more from you in the future.
By ChefDean
I was recently able to score one of Carnies' remodel sale plants, and am pleased.
I received a Shuppenstiel that was packed very well, secure from the expected jostling that it would experience on a 2,276.7 mile journey.
Thanks Carnies!
By davinstewart
I recent won a giveaway from Carnies and he was great about providing updates on shipping and prompt responses to messages.

The plants arrived in great condition and I highly recommend him as a seller/trader.

Thanks again!

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!