FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By TrapsAndDews
I've been wondering why my drosera seedlings were growing so slow. My intermedia at first seemed to take off, but then slowed down. Finally, I realized that my intermedia started growing slower when I unbagged them. Then today, I decided to check on one pot that was a failed flytrap flower stalk cutting attempt. I was planning on throwing it out, because it already had weeds growing. I noticed that the pot had much larger intermedia (planted there because I had lots of seedlings) than the rest of the ones I had, and the seedlings were in 100 percent humidity. So I am thinking that the problem with my seedlings was low humidity. The humidity indoors is around 30-40 percent.
By Gary
Agreed on the humidity conditions. I planted some seeds from my Capensis several weeks ago, and didn't get any activity until I bagged the pot to keep the humidity high. I was ready to give up when I noticed a tiny green spot. Closer inspection showed lots of baby sundews. Definitely made a difference.
By TrapsAndDews
Humidity was definitely the issue. I bagged my other pot of intermedia seedlings that were starting to slow down in growth and were at the same humidity as the house. Now, they've taken off again. I've bagged my other pots of seedlings too. I'll keep them that way until they're old enough to handle low humidity.

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!