FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By MikeB
The web site's security certificate expired today. I sent a heads up message to Matt about it.
plantnerdjules liked this
By jetfire245
MikeB wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:21 am The web site's security certificate expired today. I sent a heads up message to Matt about it.
Poor Matt. He's gonna get spammed. I sent one earlier before I saw this.
By Intheswamp
You can tell I'm a newbie...I sent a note to Dean. :lol: Sorry about that Dean, you've got enough to look after already! At least it took some pressure off of Matt! ;)

ETA: Dang, I am a newbie...the message to Dean didn't go to him so I deleted it. Interesting that the flags have stopped popping up but the red "Not secure" notice is still in the address bar.
ETA #2: Well, the flags are back.<sigh>
By ChefDean
There's nothing wrong with the site, the security certificate simply expired. Matt will renew it when he gets a moment, but nobody is at risk. At least, no greater risk than any other site nowadays.
Matt owns multiple web sites, and he handles them by himself with a lot of help from Leah, so it just takes a minute to get to an issue to fix it. Unfortunately, this is something that I can't help Matt with, he has to handle this one himself.
By Supercazzola
It simply means the data sent encrypted between your browser and the server that hosts the website can not be validated because its SSL certificate expired. Once Matt renews it, the error goes away.
ChefDean liked this
By Intheswamp
Supercazzola wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:29 am It simply means the data sent encrypted between your browser and the server that hosts the website can not be validated because its SSL certificate expired. Once Matt renews it, the error goes away.
Looks like everything is cool again, well ok, anyhow. It's still kinda hot down here but not nearly as bad as it has been!!!! But the website seems to running fine! :D

As the theme song for 'Doc McStuffin' goes...
"I feel better, so much better!
Thank you, Doc, for taking all the ouchies away!
I didn't feel so good till you fixed me like I knew that you would!
And I feel better, so much better now!"

Yeah, having granddaughters has its perks!!!! :lol:
By Dan V
Same here, sent a message to Matt last night, seems to be all good now.
By ChefDean
I know everyone is trying to help, but this isn't Matt's only website. He has appointed Admins for a number of reasons, one of which is specifically to help him out.
Please, if you have an issue, reach out to me and I'll help if I can. Or, if it needs his personal attention, I can text him to make him aware of the problem. This way, he doesn't receive 68 messages about the same issue.
Nobody did anything wrong, and I'm sure he is grateful that so many people want this site to continue uninterrupted, but that's a lot to sort through to make sure there isn't a different or bigger issue. Shoot me a message if you have a concern, and we'll all keep moving forward.
By jetfire245
ChefDean wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:20 pm I know everyone is trying to help, but this isn't Matt's only website. He has appointed Admins for a number of reasons, one of which is specifically to help him out.
Please, if you have an issue, reach out to me and I'll help if I can. Or, if it needs his personal attention, I can text him to make him aware of the problem. This way, he doesn't receive 68 messages about the same issue.
Nobody did anything wrong, and I'm sure he is grateful that so many people want this site to continue uninterrupted, but that's a lot to sort through to make sure there isn't a different or bigger issue. Shoot me a message if you have a concern, and we'll all keep moving forward.
"68 messages" is very specific 😂
By ChefDean
jetfire245 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:51 pm"68 messages" is very specific 😂
Just a number I pulled out of the ether, but one to add some solidity to my post.
In reality, it was probably more like 3, perhaps 5. But the effect is similar, regardless of my extreme exaggeration.
By TrapsAndDews
It's running again. Thanks Matt. :) None of the browsers or devices would let me get to the website. Now it's all good.
By jetfire245
TrapsAndDews wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:29 pm It's running again. Thanks Matt. :) None of the browsers or devices would let me get to the website. Now it's all good.
When you see a similar error again. You can actually hit the "advanced" tab In Chrome and hit "proceed anyway". This will proceed to the website as is with its unsecured certificate. Not an issue here because there is not really any sensitive data being transferred.
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!