FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
Does anyone know of any possible parents for the VFT OP that was recently in the seed bank? I'm starting to see one with fused teeth which is really cool.
Panman liked this
By Sundews69
I can't get one now cause I'm sick and I don't feel like going aaallllllllll the way downstairs to get a camera. I can get one later once my parents are home to take it for me.
By ChefDean
As far as parentage for the VFT OP, take a look at Matt's grow list. Those are your possibilities.
Those seeds are from his 2019 hand and open pollination project, but he wasn't seeing germination rates or emerging characteristics that he liked. That, plus other projects that he had in the works, helped him choose to donate the lot of them (estimated over 3,000) to the seed bank as he didn't have time to sow and babysit that many.
So, of the dozens, if not hundreds of cultivars or unique Flytraps Matt has, any combination of genes is possible. It's even possible that the next must-have cultivar is sprouting from one of those seeds as we speak.
By Sundews69
ChefDean wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:56 pm As far as parentage for the VFT OP, take a look at Matt's grow list. Those are your possibilities.
Those seeds are from his 2019 hand and open pollination project, but he wasn't seeing germination rates or emerging characteristics that he liked. That, plus other projects that he had in the works, helped him choose to donate the lot of them (estimated over 3,000) to the seed bank as he didn't have time to sow and babysit that many.
So, of the dozens, if not hundreds of cultivars or unique Flytraps Matt has, any combination of genes is possible. It's even possible that the next must-have cultivar is sprouting from one of those seeds as we speak.
Oh, cool, thanks! It'll be fun to guess parentage as they mature!
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!