FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Dragonslayer126
Location: 
Posts:  223
Joined:  Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:04 pm
#395219
What do you guys think are the best vft cultivars?
User avatar
By Cross
Posts:  1830
Joined:  Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm
#395221
Trevs Dracula. Alien. Jaws(which I need again). Coquillage.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

MaxVft, Apollyon liked this
By Dragonslayer126
Location: 
Posts:  223
Joined:  Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:04 pm
#395225
Cross wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:44 pm Trevs Dracula. Alien. Jaws(which I need again). Coquillage.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I really agree with the alien one. I wish I had an alien but everywhere I look it's like 40$ for them.
MaxVft liked this
User avatar
By DesertPat
Posts:  405
Joined:  Mon May 20, 2013 10:42 pm
#395232
Unpopular opinion here but I think SD Kronos is one of the coolest cultivars there is. That is probably mainly because it was created in my home state of New Mexico by Stephen Doonan about a decade (?) ago, ergo SD. Alien is pretty darn cool too though, as is Jaws.

Patrick
Supercazzola liked this
User avatar
By thepitchergrower
Location: 
Posts:  2204
Joined:  Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:22 am
#395234
Elgecko's large traps has some good sized traps. The ones in the center. They are larger than B-52. Heres a picture. Not my picture. El gecko's.
Attachments:
0c2e50.jpg
0c2e50.jpg (113.51 KiB) Viewed 2321 times
By Dragonslayer126
Location: 
Posts:  223
Joined:  Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:04 pm
#395237
thepitchergrower wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:12 pm Elgecko's large traps has some good sized traps. The ones in the center. They are larger than B-52. Heres a picture. Not my picture. El gecko's.
Where can I find them at?
User avatar
By Cross
Posts:  1830
Joined:  Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm
#395248
I have an alien I'll be trading in the spring. I'll post it up then.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

User avatar
By MikeB
Location: 
Posts:  1205
Joined:  Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:13 pm
#395252
DesertPat wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:24 pm Unpopular opinion here but I think SD Kronos is one of the coolest cultivars there is.
Why would you say it's unpopular? SD Kronos is a fine cultivar: hardy, vigorous, colorful, large traps. I managed to get 3 of them this year, and they're doing great.
My SK Kronos plants.jpg
My SK Kronos plants.jpg (565.51 KiB) Viewed 2266 times
MaxVft liked this
User avatar
By DeadlyCarnivore
Location: 
Posts:  408
Joined:  Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:17 am
#395265
Alien, all the way! I have wanted an Alien cultivar for years, but I have never tried to get one because I cannot grow flytraps for the life of me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

By Dragonslayer126
Location: 
Posts:  223
Joined:  Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:04 pm
#395275
DeadlyCarnivore wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:09 pm Alien, all the way! I have wanted an Alien cultivar for years, but I have never tried to get one because I cannot grow flytraps for the life of me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I would get one but it's 40$ just for one or usually out of stock
User avatar
By DeadlyCarnivore
Location: 
Posts:  408
Joined:  Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:17 am
#395276
Dragonslayer126 wrote:
DeadlyCarnivore wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:09 pm Alien, all the way! I have wanted an Alien cultivar for years, but I have never tried to get one because I cannot grow flytraps for the life of me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I would get one but it's 40$ just for one or usually out of stock
Yeah... Cultivars can tend to get expensive. I personally feel it is worth it though, if you know you cam grow them!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

User avatar
By Cross
Posts:  1830
Joined:  Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm
#395277
DeadlyCarnivore wrote:
Dragonslayer126 wrote:
DeadlyCarnivore wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:09 pm Alien, all the way! I have wanted an Alien cultivar for years, but I have never tried to get one because I cannot grow flytraps for the life of me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I would get one but it's 40$ just for one or usually out of stock
Yeah... Cultivars can tend to get expensive. I personally feel it is worth it though, if you know you cam grow them!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
That there is the reason I don't have a darlington or a super fancy nep. I do have a beautiful cross from HollyHock. The tag has faded some. But it's an alata x talangensis. It's got a ostensibly like camo. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Framed Flytrap Drawings

Finished up the two GJ Cultivars I had drawn up. H[…]

The Squirrel Defense 5000

I thought this was a nice overhead shot of the S[…]

Sphagnum Moss

It is impossible for plastic trays to have rust […]

:lol: Ok, the pressure's off...I'll cancel the ord[…]

Filiformis sratification

What tpg said. Whe sowing them and putting them on[…]

1. intheswamp - Thanks ChiefBean! 2. Shore_Fancy_[…]

New donation

Is it lanata or lunata? I think D. lunata grows […]

I don't know if the flowers got pollinated success[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!