FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Magnetsauce
So one of my traps caught something the other night,I came outside when it had just caught it(I know this because I was looking at it maybe a half hour earlier then came out again later and it was closed) and I notice that it only closed about halfway,so I let it do it’s thing and come out a few hours later and it’s the same but now it’s started to seal,but only halfway like I can look in and see the already dead bug at this point just laying there trapped,for like three days now the seal hasn’t fully closed,only halfway it seems like it’s unsealing itself a bit now,but I just wanna know what’s up with it,another trap caught something and opened up fairly fast afterwards,but the bug was small compared to the trap so I’m thinking it was just digested fast.
By Magnetsauce
Alright thank you man I’m new to all this,I’ve done my research but never saw anything like this so it just worried me
By MaxVft
ChefDean wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:40 pm If you're in the northern hemisphere, it's likely that it's just slowing down, getting ready for dormancy. It's fine.
It could also be that the trap is simply too new/old, as that happens with my traps every once in a while even in the middle of the growing season. But it probably is due to dormancy at this time of year.
ChefDean liked this
By Magnetsauce
MaxVft wrote:[quote=ChefDean post_id=389097 time=<a href="tel:1632602443" data-original-title="" title="">1632602443</a> user_id=16409]
If you're in the northern hemisphere, it's likely that it's just slowing down, getting ready for dormancy. It's fine.
It could also be that the trap is simply too new/old, as that happens with my traps every once in a while even in the middle of the growing season. But it probably is due to dormancy at this time of year.[/quote]

Ah makes sense,I’m pretty sure it’s a new plant the traps were tiny when I first got it
The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I r[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

SASE mailed thank you

Looking for a Cephalotus

A guy in a plant club I'm in said he had some Nepe[…]

AI Generated Nepenthes

Hey look, it's those oddly neon bonsai seeds for s[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!