FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By frankgrimes087
I am requesting Dionaea muscipula "Wally" OP - 1 pkg.

I am new to growing flytraps from seeds and am currently in the process of growing some but would love the opportunity to grow the cultivator "Wally" from seed since it has always been one of my favorite cultivars. I have already been posting questions on the forums about seedlings and have been a member for quite some time.

Thank you!
By Panman
Remember, you cannot grow a flytrap cultivars from seed, even if it is selfed. There are no guarantees that it will carry identical genetics to the parent. The only way to do that is through vegetative propagation, that is leaf pullings, tissue culture, rhizome divisions, etc.
frankgrimes087, MaxVft liked this
By ChefDean
Order received.
Your order number is 0600.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

Reminder to all:
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Dean
frankgrimes087 liked this
By MaxVft
frankgrimes087 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:24 pm Thank you for reminding me of that Panman I appreciate that. If it would be better for me to just continue with the seeds I am currently growing and work with them for now that is not a problem.
The seedlings will not be identical to 'Wally' but if you are lucky a few of them should show the same traits as the mother plant.
By Panman
Agreed. And who knows, perhaps you will germinate a bigger and better Wally. Seed grown are definitely fun because you never know exactly what you will get.
frankgrimes087, MaxVft liked this
By frankgrimes087
MaxVft wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:30 pm
frankgrimes087 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:24 pm Thank you for reminding me of that Panman I appreciate that. If it would be better for me to just continue with the seeds I am currently growing and work with them for now that is not a problem.
The seedlings will not be identical to 'Wally' but if you are lucky a few of them should show the same traits as the mother plant.
Thanks for the head up MaxVft! Either way whatever the traits might be I am truly excited to obtain more flytrap seeds and given the chance to continue practicing growing them! Once I receive the new seeds and get them going I will most definitely post my progress on the message board. Also, Thanks to ChefDean and Panman for their continued help!
MaxVft liked this
By frankgrimes087
ChefDean wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:28 pm Order received.

Reminder to all:
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Dean
Just mailed out SASE, thanks again!
By ChefDean
SASE received.
Order is fulfilled.
Return envelope going out in tomorrow's mail.

Happy growing,
Dean
By frankgrimes087
frankgrimes087 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:06 pm
ChefDean wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:28 pm Order received.

Reminder to all:
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Dean
Just mailed out SASE, thanks again!
Just wanted to let you know that the seeds arrived today. Unfortunately all the seeds were crushed except for two of them... Im guessing this happened because of the post office being careless? I read that this has happened to a lot of other members on here as well, but at any rate you had them wrapped very well and I thank you very much Dean for sending me the seeds, it is very much appreciated!

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!