FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Nourhan ateout
I bought this vft 2 months ago maybe more. Traps started dying, someone told me it's normal cause it's acclimation to soil/sun. My question is it normal for all traps to die? Could it be dormancy time? If it helps I live in the western san Gabriel Valley region of LA, CA. It's still pretty hot right now. Any suggestions or tips? I'm using carnivouros soil and distilled water and it has access to plenty of sun! :D
By Nourhan ateout
I was gonna take a pic but there is nothing left, it's just soil. Is it normal for all traps to die during acclimation?
By Panman
No, your plant is gone. You can try digging it up and seeing if there is a white rhizome left but it doesn't sound like it. While getting acclimated, traps will look bad and may start to brown some but all of the traps and leaves will not die. Flytraps don't normally completely die back to the ground. If I had to guess, I would say that you kept it too wet. While flytraps are bog plants, they do not like to be in soggy soil and cannot have their roots sitting in water for long periods of the time.
By tommyr
Nourhan ateout wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:12 pm I was gonna take a pic but there is nothing left, it's just soil. Is it normal for all traps to die during acclimation?
No that's not normal. We need to know more information. How did you take care of the plant? Growing conditions. etc.?
By MaxVft
tommyr wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:29 pm No that's not normal. We need to know more information. How did you take care of the plant? Growing conditions. etc.?
Well I don't think that'd be useful anymore lol, his VFT is long gone.
Last edited by MaxVft on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tommyr
MaxVft wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:25 am
tommyr wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:29 pm No that's not normal. We need to know more information. How did you take care of the plant? Growing conditions. etc.?
Well I don't think that'd be useless right anymore lol, his VFT is long gone.
It could help him/her properly grow another one in the future.
MaxVft liked this

I got your SASE for your March request the other d[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!