FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By VFTNoob
Hi all,

A ton of seedgrown have been in decline the last few months. Very slowly so I haven't noticed until now. They looked better in April than they do now and I fear some of these worm/larvae have made it to my personal collection.

I believe they are moth larvae or some sort of worm. Anyone ever deal with these guys? I put some mosquito dunks in my trays. I read that what works for fungus gnats/mosquito larvae also work for these guys. Caterpillar pesticide is basically BT as well so I'm hoping this will rid my collection of these pests.

On a side note, the water in my trays is around 90ppm from the mosquito dunks. Is this ok? Didn't expect the ppm to jump so high. My plants get RO water so the trays are usually 5-10ppm.

On top of the dunks, I also made a 50ppm solution with the dunks and top watered my plants. I've found them on top of new growth and squirming around the rhizome under leaves.

If there is anything I can do to help rid my collection of these pests, please advise!

http://imgur.com/gallery/qZGzVPG
By optique
keep a eye out for the caterpillar nest in trees near your plants, i have a pole i tape a peace of paper to, light it on fire and burn the nest. The webbing will burn away instantly and the larva will drop to the ground.

When the larva become active they will eat anything they can to fuel turning into moths.
VFTNoob liked this
By VFTNoob
Im assuming thats where they came from. I have some myrtle trees that began to grow over my tables. I'm sawing those suckers down as soon as they lose all their leaves.
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!