FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By evenwind
Does anyone grow this variety? It's supposed to be a warm-ish growing type. I bought with the assurances from the seller that it could happily thrive side-by-side with my capes and spats. Does anyone know one way or another? Thanks!
P8032140a.JPG
P8032140a.JPG (222.38 KiB) Viewed 2774 times
By MikeB
I've never heard of it before. A little Googling turned up discussions of this plant in other forums. It appears to be warm-temperate to subtropical.
By evenwind
@MikeB, Thanks for taking the time. I saw a bunch of those discussions, too. What I'm hoping is that someone here is actually growing it, so I can avoid possible problems and surprises. But for now, if it turns out to be happy sub-tropically, I've got one adult plant and a couple of pots of slowly germinating seeds, so I may be able to add it the seed bank in the months to come.
Panman, Aquis31 liked this
By Huntsmanshorn
Think warm temperate. Mine can't take things as cold as VFTs can, I'm not sure I would want to go too far below freezing for any real length of time. I haven't pushed their heat tolerance much so I can't really speak to that with any assurance but mid 80s F doesn't seem to be too much of a problem.
By evenwind
Huntsmanshorn wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:39 pm Think warm temperate. Mine can't take things as cold as VFTs can, I'm not sure I would want to go too far below freezing for any real length of time. I haven't pushed their heat tolerance much so I can't really speak to that with any assurance but mid 80s F doesn't seem to be too much of a problem.
Thanks! I'm growing under lights, so no temp extremes (even if they actually need it). Do you know if very fresh var corsica seeds need stratification? (I've read mixed opinions in Google-land.)
By evenwind
Sorry, nope. I lost them all during the winter.

EDIT: I did find this but it's probably not much help.
PA102394a.jpg
PA102394a.jpg (224.19 KiB) Viewed 1671 times

Hey all, just got my order in today and figured I'[…]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

SASE mailed thank you

Looking for a Cephalotus

A guy in a plant club I'm in said he had some Nepe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!