FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By albertoburrito
My family just replaced our RO filter, and I was wondering if you have to break in or use it for a while until the filters word well enough for cps. If you have experience with RO filters, can you please tell me if I should use the filter for a while first or if I can use it now.
By bcavanau
I thought when I put mine in it said to run for 30 mins or something to clean out sediment, but I could be wrong. I have had it for years, and it still puts out TDS readings in the low teens, so I continue to use it.
By Supercazzola
I was going to send you the instruction for the RO Buddy that I got on Amazon, which doesn’t mention flushing it out.
But I got distracted when I re-read it to see the words, and I quote, Do not use water for human consumption.
That is disconcerting .
By Greenthumbs Garden
With my RO system I've noticed it takes time to get it going after I do a filter change. I changed my filter recently and it took about 4 tanks worth before it was bringing optimal water. The TDs was measuring about 60 until it got it it's best which is about 20tds because our water pressure here sucks.

Sent from Tapatalk

albertoburrito liked this

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!