FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Hello all,
I placed about 30 mixed Cape seeds in a container of distilled water with plastic wrap on them mid last month, and so far 1 of them have germinated. Some people transplant to peat as soon as they see green, others do it when the seedling dislodges from the seed to be safer, others do it when the first carnivorous leaves appear to be EVEN safer. My seedling is right in between number 1 and 2, and here Is a pic to see how it looks up close:
20210610_152151.jpg
20210610_152151.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 2496 times
It is producing a teeny tiny taproot, and this is the first CP seed I have successfully germinated. Should I pull the tweezers out and transplant onto media to speed up growth? And please don't say it is up to me lol, I want your guys' honest opinions first.
Thanks and happy growing,
Max
EDIT:
that pic was from 3 days ago, it separated from the second seed and I will update you guys when I get home.
By evenwind
I usually wait for more seeds to germinate but I can understand your anxiety. I use an eyedropper to transfer the hatchlings to avoid damage, so I don't let them get too big to fit into tip of the dropper.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!