FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By albertoburrito
It is a typical cultivar, but the young baby traps are red on the outside. Is this normal? Usually the forming traps are green with a pink tint, but some of them are a deep red on the outside. Also, is it normal one lobe of the trap to be in a concave shape, while the other lobe is flat and convex? Also, is it normal for the outside of the trap to become red/pinkish?
Last edited by albertoburrito on Thu May 06, 2021 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By albertoburrito
Here are photos i forgot to include. The really red trap also is a little black on the tip. Is everything normal?
Attachments:
half convex-half concave trap?
half convex-half concave trap?
IMG_0185.JPG (872.29 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
trap is really red, on the petiole also.
trap is really red, on the petiole also.
IMG_0184.JPG (949.26 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
By Secretariat73
albertoburrito wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:21 pm It is a typical cultivar, but the young baby traps are red on the outside. Is this normal? Usually the forming traps are green with a pink tint, but some of them are a deep red on the outside. Also, is it normal one lobe of the trap to be in a concave shape, while the other lobe is flat and convex? Also, is it normal for the outside of the trap to become red/pinkish?
The red/pink color is a result of all that Arizona sunlight your plant has been receiving. It is perfectly normal. Your flytrap is developing some beautiful color! I wouldn’t worry about the distorted trap. It and the black tips could have been caused by the earlier misfortunes experienced by the plant. I would keep an eye on the plant to make sure the future growth looks good, but the plant looks like it is recovering well.
albertoburrito liked this

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!