FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
It depends on the conditions it is growing in and how long you have had it. If it is still on the border line with dormancy, it can be a few weeks.
By Panman
Give it a month. Bare root need time to settle in and get going. What are outdoor temperatures like and how much sun is getting.
By CPhunter101
wanderingkev wrote:Outdoor temperatures are in 90s-100s. Sun it is getting 8 hours of sunlight a day.
With that temperature, it'll eventually grow.
I've got a sarr since February and it hasn't made a move since last week or so. Panman is right, just give the plant some time (another month should do).
By Supercazzola
Take it from me and be careful placing newly divided Sarracenia in standing water until they get over the shock of division and / or transportation to you. I’ve had rhizome rot set in on a few, and lost them. Healthy and growing nicely for a month or two, but then BAM! I suspect them standing in a tray of 1 inch of 0ppm water contributed to this. After speaking to the experts, I learned that Alata, montana, and leucos don’t prefer to sit in high water tables and are quite susceptible to rhizome rot if they do. I’ve since removed those species from sitting in water, but still keep them moist. All my other plants which are potted in 5x5x7 Hydrofarm white pots now have their trays at 3/4 to 1/2 inch high water.
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!