FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Shadowtski
This morning, I noticed a cute little flower scape emerging from a seedgrown Drosera regia.

I am hoping for seeds in the not too distant future.
Wish me luck ChefDean.
You know where these seeds will go if they do appear.
Drosera regia Flower 001.JPG
Drosera regia Flower 001.JPG (4.44 MiB) Viewed 3105 times
Panman, ChefDean, elaineo liked this
By Greenthumbs Garden
and could some of those seeds be possibly getting sold or traded to a short stubby European living in Spain by any chance! it looks great! what lense you using there? I'm wanting to get a macro for my canon.
By nimbulan
Looking good! My flowers are on the way up too, though unfortunately only 2 plants instead of all 3 this year since one of them has been incredibly stressed out by pests for months, despite me taking care of them months ago.
Shadowtski liked this
By Shadowtski
Dr GreenThumb wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:21 pm and could some of those seeds be possibly getting sold or traded to a short stubby European living in Spain by any chance! it looks great! what lense you using there? I'm wanting to get a macro for my canon.
I usually don't sell or trade. You can request them as soon as they hit the seedbank. ChefDean has opened the FTC Seedbank to our members in all countries.

My lens is a Minolta 100mm f2.8 AF from my old Minolta Maxxum days and the camera is a Sony Alpha 350. It's a dated old beast but I love it.
Greenthumbs Garden liked this
By Greenthumbs Garden
@Shadowtski, OH the seed bank is now open to all members! Image thats awsome!!

Nice, hopefully I can get one one day, make some nice macro capensis videos would be cool.
Shadowtski liked this
By ChefDean
Dr GreenThumb wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:49 pm @Shadowtski, OH the seed bank is now open to all members! Image thats awsome!!

Nice, hopefully I can get one one day, make some nice macro capensis videos would be cool.
Yes sir, we've been doing international requests for a while. We've successfully sent seeds to The Russian Federation (twice), Singapore, Vietnam, Australia (twice), The Philippines, Brazil (three times), The UK, The Netherlands, and Slovenia. The only failure was to Slovakia. I may have missed a couple of places, and a couple are still in transit, but we're spreading the love.
We don't discriminate for a grower being short and stubby, however, Spain.... As long as you can get the perfect socarrat on a paella, you're good.
Greenthumbs Garden liked this
By Drummer230
Shadowtski wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 pm This morning, I noticed a cute little flower scape emerging from a seedgrown Drosera regia.

I am hoping for seeds in the not too distant future.
Wish me luck ChefDean.
You know where these seeds will go if they do appear.

Drosera regia Flower 001.JPG
Whats the trick to pollinating these? I had flowers on two of mine last year. Took my little qtip and rubbed from anther to stigma. Not a single seed.
By nimbulan
Drummer230 wrote: Whats the trick to pollinating these? I had flowers on two of mine last year. Took my little qtip and rubbed from anther to stigma. Not a single seed.
Timing is rather important. The flowers are not receptive to pollen until the second day at least. The stigma will visibly open up.
Drummer230 liked this
By Drummer230
nimbulan wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:13 pm
Drummer230 wrote: Whats the trick to pollinating these? I had flowers on two of mine last year. Took my little qtip and rubbed from anther to stigma. Not a single seed.
Timing is rather important. The flowers are not receptive to pollen until the second day at least. The stigma will visibly open up.
Good to know. I'll have to try again.
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!