FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Kytin
Hi,
Earlier this year I got a vft and it was doing great for a while. But today when I checked, most of it’s traps were closed. I understand that poking a vft does more harm to the plant than to me, and I never touch it. so I am panicking so much. Will it die because my first Venus fly trap died because my friend poked it, thus all of the traps closed, turn black and died! So I am just pancaking so much. Please help.
By Supercazzola
Is it outside? If it rains, I’ve seen the raindrops cause flytraps to close... you can tell us more about where you keep it.
By Kytin
I keep it on my balcony where it gets direct sunlight. When I rains, I bring it in. I guessing that the inspects are poking it ba use once they touch and. Once the traps close they quickly fly away and my plant is left with a closed trap with no food in it
By Kytin
sanguinearocks101 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:58 am It will probably be fine, try not to let them poke the traps again.
thanks but my fist plant died the same way so I am very worried.
By isaacsbees
Kytin wrote:I keep it on my balcony where it gets direct sunlight. When I rains, I bring it in. I guessing that the inspects are poking it ba use once they touch and. Once the traps close they quickly fly away and my plant is left with a closed trap with no food in it
Is it possible that your VFT is eating springtime insects that weren't out a month ago?
Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

Hey all, just got my order in today and figured I'[…]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!