FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Nepenthes0260
An interesting clone I acquired this winter. Didn't get much info on it besides that it originated from the nursery Carnivoria overseas, and the name of the clone was "All Red Giant". One of my best looking red flytraps in my collection right now. Can't wait to see what it looks like this summer.
Attachments:
IMG_1858.jpg
IMG_1858.jpg (3.29 MiB) Viewed 5827 times
IMG_1861.jpg
IMG_1861.jpg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 5827 times
MaxVft liked this
By Matt
I see a spare in that container!!! Please send it this way :lol: :D

Seriously though, if you're up for a trade, I'd love to grow that one. It looks a lot like an FTS Maroon Monster to me but maybe it is genetically distinct? FTS Maroon Monster has been in the EU for probably a decade or longer. It wouldn't surprise me all that much if someone lost a label and then renamed it. But if it is a genetically unique specimen, I want to cross FTS MM and that big beautiful beefy red baby to see if I can get some nice giant red flytraps :)
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:29 am I see a spare in that container!!! Please send it this way :lol: :D

Seriously though, if you're up for a trade, I'd love to grow that one. It looks a lot like an FTS Maroon Monster to me but maybe it is genetically distinct? FTS Maroon Monster has been in the EU for probably a decade or longer. It wouldn't surprise me all that much if someone lost a label and then renamed it. But if it is a genetically unique specimen, I want to cross FTS MM and that big beautiful beefy red baby to see if I can get some nice giant red flytraps :)
Lol! I don’t usually feel comfortable with only one specimen of a specific flytrap cultivar (in case something happens to it) so usually keep two but I see a small div on one that has your name on it for this fall when it’s ready to separate. Definitely would be down for a trade. I need to get Maroon Monster so I can compare them. Looks like a super interesting plant. I don’t even have it under that bright of light and it’s coloring up really well. Just a couple shop lights.
By Matt
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Lol! I don’t usually feel comfortable with only one specimen of a specific flytrap cultivar (in case something happens to it) so usually keep two but I see a small div on one that has your name on it for this fall when it’s ready to separate. Definitely would be down for a trade. I need to get Maroon Monster so I can compare them. Looks like a super interesting plant. I don’t even have it under that bright of light and it’s coloring up really well. Just a couple shop lights.
Sweet! No rush from here at all and I totally get keeping a couple of them. Thanks for the trade. Let me know what you might be looking for in exchange. Would be happy to send an FTS Maroon Monster or whatever you're looking for!!
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:26 am
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Lol! I don’t usually feel comfortable with only one specimen of a specific flytrap cultivar (in case something happens to it) so usually keep two but I see a small div on one that has your name on it for this fall when it’s ready to separate. Definitely would be down for a trade. I need to get Maroon Monster so I can compare them. Looks like a super interesting plant. I don’t even have it under that bright of light and it’s coloring up really well. Just a couple shop lights.
Sweet! No rush from here at all and I totally get keeping a couple of them. Thanks for the trade. Let me know what you might be looking for in exchange. Would be happy to send an FTS Maroon Monster or whatever you're looking for!!
No problem! When it’s available this fall I’ll probably be looking for a Maroon Monster (if
I haven’t bought one from you by then :lol:) or some other interesting clone I don’t have. I’ll let you know when it’s available and what I’m looking for.
Matt liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:36 pm @Nepenthes0260, FYI - I was able to take a couple of minutes to uproot a WIP Long Snapper for you and stick it in the box with the FTS Lunatic Fringe and FTS Flaming Lips!!!
Thanks so much! Later today I’ll get a pic of the div of CARG. I can send it now if you want, but Idk how it will do in shipping so if you were in no rush would prefer to hold it till
It’s a bit larger in fall. But it’s nice, healthy, and red.
By Matt
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Later today I’ll get a pic of the div of CARG. I can send it now if you want, but Idk how it will do in shipping so if you were in no rush would prefer to hold it till it’s a bit larger in fall. But it’s nice, healthy, and red.
There's absolutely no rush at all. If you want to hang onto it until the fall, that's totally fine by me. In fact, if you save it until after Leah and I relocate to Missouri, that will save me having to pack it up to move it 2000+ miles across the country! Not that one plant is going to make all that much of a difference in how much we have to move when moving an entire business but every little bit helps, right?
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:36 pm
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Later today I’ll get a pic of the div of CARG. I can send it now if you want, but Idk how it will do in shipping so if you were in no rush would prefer to hold it till it’s a bit larger in fall. But it’s nice, healthy, and red.
There's absolutely no rush at all. If you want to hang onto it until the fall, that's totally fine by me. In fact, if you save it until after Leah and I relocate to Missouri, that will save me having to pack it up to move it 2000+ miles across the country! Not that one plant is going to make all that much of a difference in how much we have to move when moving an entire business but every little bit helps, right?
I get it! :lol:. When were you guys planning to make the move?
By Matt
Nepenthes0260 wrote:I get it! . When were you guys planning to make the move?
I'm hoping we can get things sorted by October and be moved by November. But there's a lot of things that have to fall in line between now and then, including the construction of the greenhouse in Missouri and a few remodeling projects on our Oregon house so the timeline is not set in stone. But if you would hang onto the CARG until we're moved, which sounds like it works better for you too, that would be great for me!
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:57 pm
Nepenthes0260 wrote:I get it! . When were you guys planning to make the move?
I'm hoping we can get things sorted by October and be moved by November. But there's a lot of things that have to fall in line between now and then, including the construction of the greenhouse in Missouri and a few remodeling projects on our Oregon house so the timeline is not set in stone. But if you would hang onto the CARG until we're moved, which sounds like it works better for you too, that would be great for me!
Sounds good, I’ll do that. Plus, VFTs don’t seem to mind being shipped at all in fall/winter.
Matt liked this
By Matt
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Sounds good, I’ll do that. Plus, VFTs don’t seem to mind being shipped at all in fall/winter.
Fall/winter is the best time to ship temperate CPs, I think. People who are new to the hobby and unfamiliar with dormancy typically aren't impressed with plants shipped that time of year though! But yeah, for people familiar with the plants it is probably the best time of year to ship.
Nepenthes0260, MikeB liked this
By slicric78
I have been very impressed with how dark my all red giant has already become. I too snagged one a few months back. Very cool plant.
Attachments:
PXL_20210410_003336034.jpg
PXL_20210410_003336034.jpg (2.96 MiB) Viewed 5538 times
Matt liked this
By Nepenthes0260
slicric78 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:36 am I have been very impressed with how dark my all red giant has already become. I too snagged one a few months back. Very cool plant.
Very nice!! I'm guessing we got ours from the same person. Mine is just chilling under shop lights right now :lol:, guessing it'll really start looking red like yours when it goes outside.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!