FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Adrien
Has anyone done this cross? I have 2 huge sized DCXL and 2-3 Nice sized werewolf’s. Both cultivars are flowering and I’m thinking about crossing them. Cutting the flowers on the ones I want to grow vigorously this year. If you’ve done this cross do you have pictures? I’m thinking about having the werewolf bear the seed.

I will keep y’all updated on seedlings here in this thread, though it might be some years before we can see the full potential.
By Matt
Never done it myself and never heard of anyone doing it. Seems like it would be worth doing because the Werewolf babies do often look like the mother plant. I'd say go for it! Looking forward to seeing the updates over the years as you grow the resulting seeds.
Adrien liked this
By Adrien
Looks like this was a fail, for some reason one of my dcxl along with Rehder Giant, and FTS towering Giant are being over watered. The top of the flower blackened and withered away. Not sure why as I treat every flytrap the same, and both dcxl are next to eachother and one is doing excellent. I will try making Werewolf x Bohemian Garnet, Werewolf x King Henry, Werewolf x South West Giant, and werewolf x A2. Of course it does depend on how many flowers werewolf makes on one stalk, though.
By Matt
@Adrien, bummer! That blackening of flowers does happen sometimes and I'm not 100% what the cause is all the time, but it does seem to correlate with overwatering, under watering, and very high temperatures in a greenhouse that singe the flowers. Any kind of stress at all seems to result in flytraps aborting their flowers sometimes.
Adrien, El Trap-o liked this

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!