FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By hungrycarnivores
Hi all,

I have a conundrum here.

I recently acquired N. Rajah, N. Jacquilineae, N. Tenuis x Dubia, N. Tenuis, N. sp. kemiri, N. palawanensis, and N. stenophylla 'mantapok'.

Turns out they are doing fine in terms of pitchers, the rajah is pitchering and making jumps, but the leaves are getting progressively tinier. I have heard unhappy neps don't pitcher, but I am not seeing this here. I am confused and don't really know what to make. It is worth noting that the kemiri, palawanensis, and stenophylla are brand new, the others are about 5 months in my care.

Please let me know. I will post more pics soon.
By Nepenthes0260
The rajah, jacq, Kemiri, and palawanensis are still fairly new so I wouldn't worry too much about them. Just make sure they're acclimating ok with high humidity, and don't be blasting them with too much light.

I kept my HL neps in way too high of light for some time, which caused shrinking leaves. I moved them to a shadier spot and I'm getting leaf jumps and pitchers now.
By hungrycarnivores
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:16 pm The rajah, jacq, Kemiri, and palawanensis are still fairly new so I wouldn't worry too much about them. Just make sure they're acclimating ok with high humidity, and don't be blasting them with too much light.

I kept my HL neps in way too high of light for some time, which caused shrinking leaves. I moved them to a shadier spot and I'm getting leaf jumps and pitchers now.
Jacq is not yours.. It is 7 months old! How long do they acclimate. And, how high is the lux? Maybe I should switch the lights out with my heli tank?
By Z_Y
If your current grow space has brighter lights than the supplier, then the leaves will tend to be smaller. However, pictures would probably help.
Starting a new sphagnum grow

I use 1/2 when I'm spraying my CPs Just a quest[…]

Repotting

I only up pot myself in the growing season, but if[…]

ok, so i just got a microscope today and my first […]

CCCP Destruction

@Matt , As long as we're talking about Craig's pl[…]

Just a bunch of burmannii

Sorry for the blur in the first photo. Sent from […]

Leaf, trap turning redish

I had my vft sitting in direct sunlight since 12pm[…]

Congrats on the greenhouse but sad to see you leav[…]

Maxsea fertilizer vs bugs

Bugs are better, if available. This is strictly […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!