FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I'd like to thank sundewd for his donation of three packs of D. Burmannii "Humpty Doo" seeds and a pack of the same seeds in bulk. I don't blame him for putting the rest in bulk, Burmannii seeds are some of the smallest. It gets old trying to count those specks into a pack. "Was that 37 or 951 seeds?"
Thanks sundewd for your generosity.
Shadowtski liked this
By sundewd
haha, sorry for not packeting more of them! I'm bad at folding the packets so I was worried if I sent you sloppy packets it would be more uncool. They are double layered though so they do hold the seeds well. I don't exactly count them though, I count to 25 (when I'm portioning for 50 seeds in a packet) and if that isn't about 40% of the area the seeds take up then I add another tap of them.
By ChefDean
No worries. 25 or 50 seeds doesn't make a big difference, I just try to inject a little humor into my donation announcements.
By evenwind
When I did bulk, I put a gold dot on four of the seeds. If you get one with a gold dot, you win a Wonka Bar.
Benny, sundewd, ChefDean liked this
By sundewd
if someone could put a gold dot on a drosera burmannii seed, or see one for that matter they deserve at least that!
By twitcher
I bought a cheap led microscope so that I could see my ping, sundew and utric seeds. It works, but I really wish I had bought a much better one. Putting gold dots on the seeds is not the problem, rather seeing the color properly is difficult with a cheap microscope.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!