FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Cretaceous
I've seen the advice that all nepenthes seeds like to be germinated in lowland conditions. I have a few new highland plants that are very young and small, 1-2 inches across. How big should they be before I begin to transition them to cooler conditions? TIA
By jose
So in the wild the temperatures don’t suddenly become LL for seedlings yet adult plants nearby have HL temps...

Neps should be grown in their ideal conditions their whole life. If you have HL seedlings stick them immediately in HL conditions
By Cretaceous
jose wrote:So in the wild the temperatures don’t suddenly become LL for seedlings yet adult plants nearby have HL temps...
Thanks for stating the obvious.

jose wrote:Neps should be grown in their ideal conditions their whole life. If you have HL seedlings stick them immediately in HL conditions
I hear you, but I'm interested in getting some feedback from someone who is taking an approach similar to what I described.
By sanguinearocks101
I would think that warmer conditions would be best for germinating the seeds not once they have germinated. Obviously, ultra highland plants would most likely do very poorly when attempted to germinate in lowland conditions. I don’t have any experiments on this subject though. If you have lots of HL seedlings and do an experiment I would be very interested in hearing the results.
Cretaceous liked this

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!