FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By uxleumas
so i got this N. Tobaica about half a year ago in TC, i took the nepenthes out about 3 months ago. the nepenthes grew just fine until i had this "great" idea to apply kei-kei paste on a node or two. for some reason, even though i only applied it to 2 nodes, most of the nodes(~5+) got activated and are now growing mini nepenthes. how do i make the plant focus on growing the regular leaves. i suspect that it growing the dormant node nepenthes is draining a lot of the plant's energy. is there any way to take out the small plants without harming the large plant? preferable a way in which the small plants are undamaged.
(p.s the plant is about 1 year old)
By oval
The new growth would actually be considered branches of the main plant, and not really new separate plants. Instead of one stem, you will now have several. Eventually, when they get big enough, you can cut one or more off, or cut the main stem off, and try to root the cuttings. Or you can just leave all of them and have a bushier plant. It doesn't hurt the plant to have more than one growing point.
Is this sand brand reliable?

It'll be fine. It's the brand I use for my CPs. Vi[…]

Iso flytrap cultivars

Iso some funky cultivars, specifically schuppensti[…]

Traps Over Opened (Concave)

Have you been feeding it or triggering the traps t[…]

For gemmae, I've had good luck with Midtown Carniv[…]

Hello :)

Hello! plant looks healthy, but i really think tha[…]

Thank you. I plan on doing a two-for on the first […]

Double pitcher Cephalotus

I’ve heard that they don’t like hig[…]

Purpurea Purpurea Advice

If CPN is the nursery I'm thinking of, those guys […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!