FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By BullwinkleII
I planted them on damp (dead) sphagnum moss, and they all took on a stack of water... like... 4 times their existing volume or so.

So now they are pearls maybe half the size of a grain of wheat, with the dark seed in the center.

Is this normal?

Can I expect them to germinate?
By EricSg
BullwinkleII wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:22 pm I planted them on damp (dead) sphagnum moss, and they all took on a stack of water... like... 4 times their existing volume or so.

So now they are pearls maybe half the size of a grain of wheat, with the dark seed in the center.

Is this normal?

sounds lIke Basil seeds
By ChefDean
BullwinkleII wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:22 pm I planted them on damp (dead) sphagnum moss, and they all took on a stack of water... like... 4 times their existing volume or so.

Is this normal?

No, this isn't normal for cp seeds, they don't form a shell of mucilage around the seed when sown. They may still germinate, but don't expect a carnivorous plant out of it.
We have all got taken at one point or another, I also fell for the blue Venus Flytrap seeds.
Wait and see what develops, you might get some basil or something to use in a Marinara.
Sticky plant thread

The binata flowered! I'm probably just going to tr[…]

seeds received, thx.

OMG!!!!!!

Good job!

I don’t see any text, but the image seems to[…]

Venus Fly Traps Turning White?

It was dormant in the cube when I got it. I took i[…]

Is this a pest?

One point I'm not clear on, though. How does the[…]

GA3 sources

Yeah I'm getting some from ebay. The same source M[…]

Vft dying

Umm okay I used a exclamation point instead o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!