FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Do_Gon
Hello everyone. I recently found out about the Southern California Carnivorous Plants Enthusiasts or SCCPE , (pronounced skippy). Apparently they're having a summer end sale and meet up this weekend. Anyone else in So. Cal hear of this organization or plan on going? It's going to be outdoors, masks only, and socially distanced so it sounds relatively safe and exciting.
By Do_Gon
murrkywaters wrote:How was it?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Outdoor, in a park. Everyone maintained social distancing while walking around the few stands that were there. I was expecting more vendors but it was still pretty cool. 7 or so vendors were there and setup by 11:15 when I arrived. (15 minutes after it opened) There was another just arriving shortly after. The ones I was looking forward to hadn't arrived yet by the time I left so I was mildly disappointed. They probably showed up after I left. But the other vendors were still really cool. Plenty of Sarracenias, Sundews, Flytraps, Nepenthes, and even some Utrics. I'm going to keep up with this group and definitely try to hit the next one. The sale before this one included online shopping so maybe that will bring more people in. It's really exciting to be on the ground floor as an organization like this just gets started. This has the potential to be huge like reptile shows are getting.
By Do_Gon
@murrkywaters looks like the next one is happening this weekend in Torrance,CA Just a heads up if'n you're still interested or even in the area. It's gonna be at Rainforest Flora 19121 Hawthorne Blvd. Torrance 10 am to 12
I don't have Facebook but if you do you can check out the SCCPE page for more info.
By murrkywaters
Just for this. I've been trapped inside for a year. I'm vaccinated now so I should be good to travel.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

By Do_Gon
murrkywaters wrote:Just for this. I've been trapped inside for a year. I'm vaccinated now so I should be good to travel.

Ha ha, nice! Same for me but I'm only a half hour drive from there. Safe travels. Maybe I'll run into you.
By murrkywaters
Do_Gon wrote:
murrkywaters wrote:Just for this. I've been trapped inside for a year. I'm vaccinated now so I should be good to travel.

Ha ha, nice! Same for me but I'm only a half hour drive from there. Safe travels. Maybe I'll run into you.
They wouldn't let me on the flight due to a "system error" with the boarding pass. So I guess I'm out $100. If you go let me know if there are any seeds or anything. Next time I guess.

By Do_Gon
Damn, that sucks. I was just coming here to give you a description of myself in case you saw me. Ok. I'll come back here and let you know how it went.
Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

Hey all, just got my order in today and figured I'[…]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!