FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By P A U L
So... I poured water over my sundews and all their saliva washed off. Will that shock them? Do they recover quickly
By Apollyon
Typically they'll recover it all within a couple days, especially if it's water. Other chemicals sometimes fry it out though, like pesticides etc.
By uxleumas
P A U L wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:46 am So... I poured water over my sundews and all their saliva washed off. Will that shock them? Do they recover quickly
sundews are prety hardy. i believe the fastest time a sundew regenerated it's dew was like 2 hours or something. yours should be back in a day or two unless it was an old leaf
By P A U L
Apollyon wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:13 am Typically they'll recover it all within a couple days, especially if it's water. Other chemicals sometimes fry it out though, like pesticides etc.
Just distilled water. Was trying to get rid of some pests in the soil, so I tried drown my pot by pouring neem oil/water over the top of the soil. Not over the plants though, any contact the neem oil had with the plants was splash damage lol. A few hours later I was trying to flush the soil with distilled water so I poured gallons of but this time I was lazy about it and just poured the water everywhere. No more gel in the hair.

sanguinearocks101 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:46 pm It’ll be fine.
Eggscellent.

uxleumas wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:58 pm sundews are prety hardy. i believe the fastest time a sundew regenerated it's dew was like 2 hours or something. yours should be back in a day or two unless it was an old leaf
Most are new/young leaves. The plants are all recovering their dew now. Some faster than others.

:D

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!